Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 59,098 total)
I quit smoking on the 29th of April, 2021 at 5:ooPM and haven't had a puff since. Having done such a thing a couple of times in my life for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 9:35 pm
Work-wise, 2021 was a big win for me. I changed jobs from being an everything DBA & developer at a medium sized company to being a production DBA in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 8:57 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, the 40 day thing isn't correct for things like the Moderna booster, which requires you to wait for 6 months before getting it. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 7:42 pm
data for user b will display for user a
If that's happening, then you've left something out of your post because, according to the code you've posted, it cannot happen.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 7:39 pm
If you want some help on this, I'm thinking that you simply haven't posted enough information about what you've done for anyone to help.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Google is your friend here. Pick your poison.
https://www.google.com/search?q=get+list+of+long+running+queries+SQL+Server
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 4:11 pm
But the question was ONLY the year, and the year function (getdate()) doesn't do that?
The question was about how to find rows in a table based on the current...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2022 at 3:04 pm
I just noticed timers on the jpg's with just a couple of hours left. If it were me, I'd go with interpreting the word "respective" as meaning the professor and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 2:32 am
Keep in mind it may take SQLAgent up to 20 seconds to respond.
I'm the same way until I have two 12 ouncers of coffee under my belt. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 2:07 am
Sorry... I made a mistake and had to rewrite this post.
Please see the post above. The word "respective" needs to be clarified because there are two possible solutions depending on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 1:44 am
I did a misread on the requirements because there are actually two possible answers according to the posted requirements and so had to rewrite this post.
Still, there is no need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 1:31 am
So just to clarify. if i have a clustered index on say contactid and invoiceid however none of the updates are on those columns then there wouldn't be a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 1:13 am
THE PREVIOUS CODE I HAD POSTED PRODUCED THE WRONG VALUES FOR THE 1st ROW OF FEDERALTAX OF THE "XX" ROWS. I HAD COPIED YOUR FORMULA WITHOUT REALIZING THERE WAS A...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2022 at 12:09 am
Building your own sequential numbers is a sure fire way to generate duplicates by accident. Even Des Norton notes that for his code.
Please explain why you're trying to avoid an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 5, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Neither set of code is coming up with a meaningful result set, not sure where the disconnect here is, but I'll try again:
If a row contains: koagvakjnonsenseajg4648.dbo.RandomTableForSSChahfhaijfhfhf5664646
I want to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 5, 2022 at 10:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 59,098 total)