Viewing 15 posts - 41,161 through 41,175 (of 59,098 total)
Dang it... you're right, Martin. Dyslexia due to lack of coffee must have kicked kicked in. My apologies. I'll check it out.
Or maybe it's the edit you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 5:58 am
janchrister.nilsson (11/13/2009)
I've got a working mate, that indents T-SQL with one space. Seems very odd. Hard to read 3000-lines procs.
Tried to google for styles and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 5:43 am
Hmmm... maybe you're not talking about that type of fragmentation. Even if the "A"s were scattered apart like that, if they were all in perfect order, the logical fragmentation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 12:57 am
Think of it this way.... you may have tables occupying extents like the following (each letter is a table)...
ABADADAAFFAJAKABAAADAB
If the table you're looking at is "A", then there's some fragmentation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 12:48 am
Roust_m (11/13/2009)
Jeff Moden (11/12/2009)
There's no guarantee that you're inserting into contiguous extents or pages.If I am NOT using "set identity insert on", why this would happen?
It could be filling in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 12:46 am
What is the data type of the "field"? And, yes, it will make a difference.
Also, what is the maximum length of the data in the "field"? It could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 11:50 pm
There's no guarantee that you're inserting into contiguous extents or pages.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 11:46 pm
Heh... I have an odd personal preference... I don't like languages that require semi-colons or line continuation characters. It seems that they should all be smarter than that. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm
tony.pinto (11/12/2009)
I am hoping someone here can help me with a problem I have ran into. Below is the data, bascially each record has upto 8 sets of item/qty/value....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Paul White (11/6/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 10:06 pm
Florian Reischl (11/12/2009)
I completely confirm Jeff! Some random values are really important to ensure some fine tests.I prefer this method:
😀
:-D:-D:-D:-D
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 10:00 pm
Alvin Ramard (11/12/2009)
Jeff, Bob and I were out in the parking lot discussing what you just mentioned, about 45...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 9:59 pm
trudye10 (10/26/2009)
Sorry Jeff.I hope to one day be worthy of the title SSC Rookie
Heh... lot's of people make the same mistake. No worries.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 9:50 pm
rizwan.inam (11/5/2009)
Like MS PROJECT Parent Activity Start and End Date depend on Child Activities Start and End Date.
Can you be just a bit more descriptive? Are you saying that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 9:43 pm
Ok... I'm confused. I thought you said you weren't the one responsible for importing the data.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 12, 2009 at 9:35 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 41,161 through 41,175 (of 59,098 total)