Viewing 15 posts - 41,146 through 41,160 (of 59,098 total)
Francis Yee-483501 (11/13/2009)
" SELECT rows FROM sysindexes WHERE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2009 at 1:53 pm
Paul White (11/14/2009)
Jeff Moden (11/12/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2009 at 1:49 pm
Just another slant on this...
declare @yyyymm as varchar(6)
set @yyyymm='200901'
SELECT CONVERT(CHAR(6),CAST(@yyyymm+'01' AS DATETIME) -1,112) AS [Prev yyyymm],
CONVERT(CHAR(6),CAST(@yyyymm+'01' AS DATETIME)+32,112) AS [Next yyyymm]
My...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2009 at 1:26 pm
lmu92 (11/14/2009)
If you don't have a string split function yet, please search this side for it. There are several version available.
Heh... Lutz... why don't you just provide the one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2009 at 1:01 pm
trudye10 (11/13/2009)
Jeff, I appreciate the feedback it will be taken to heart. However I am low lady on the totem pole....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm
SQLNewbster (11/13/2009)
Umm, sorry. I didn't realize this was the SQL 2k forum. I just joined when I posted this. Many apologies for that.
NP... it's a common newbie...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 4:11 pm
GilaMonster (11/13/2009)
Jeff Moden (11/13/2009)
Gail, since this is 2k, do you think a partitioned view would help at all here? Or would it just muck things up?
Haven't worked much with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 4:10 pm
Tom Garth (11/13/2009)
Terrific article. I haven't used Quirky Update for a few years, and that's a good thing because I didn't know all of the rules.
I don't want to stir...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 1:12 pm
I've found that the real problem is that the default database for most logins is the MASTER database and the developers/user forget about that when they login. Change it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:37 am
A better question... what does the CLR actually do and why do you think you need a CLR to do it?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:35 am
lmu92 (11/13/2009)
The DBA job is mostly "underestimated" in terms of the requirements a person in such a position need to meet.
And one of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:33 am
Gail, since this is 2k, do you think a partitioned view would help at all here? Or would it just muck things up?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:26 am
Still, mirroring, log shipping, or what have you to a server a couple of hundred miles away will save your company's hiney if your building is flooded, get's hit by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:18 am
sudarsanan.kaliyamurthy (11/13/2009)
I have attached the sample data and the required table.
You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll get an answer if you study the link that Lutz directed you to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:09 am
I cheat like hell on this type of thing. When I have to do such a thing, I make a BCP format file and either use BCP or BULK...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2009 at 11:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 41,146 through 41,160 (of 59,098 total)