Viewing 15 posts - 40,336 through 40,350 (of 59,098 total)
I don't know which will be faster nor which you prefer to read nor am I sure which is correct (I don't subtract my result from 10 like Lynn did......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Lynn Pettis (1/7/2010)
declare @ TestData varchar(12);
set @TestData = '03EA12J77';
select
(10 - (sum(
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 8:45 pm
The "better mousetrap" requires a "better pipe".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 8:11 pm
jmiaebrown (1/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm
ddlawal (1/7/2010)
I am a rookie sql jr dba preparing for a phone interview. Would appreciate any input on what kind of questions to expect.
I am as rookie as can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 7:58 pm
Only if it's a constant... in 2k5, it'll take any variable datatype that's implicitly convertable to NText and that includes VARCHAR.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 7:36 pm
Greg Martin-419640 (1/7/2010)
I've looked in the thread and not managed to see an answer to this. I use SQL server.
If I have a Customers table,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 7:20 pm
bear in a box (6/24/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 7:11 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (1/7/2010)
We'll never eliminate bias.
Heh... I found a way... I wake up hating everyone and make exceptions from there. Pork chops for everyone! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 6:58 pm
imani_technology (1/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 6:51 pm
All that's good but I don't understand what you understand. Please read and heed the article located at the first link in my signature line below so we can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 6:45 pm
Heh... in this case, two NOTs make a right... or maybe a pair of properly ties walking shoes. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 6:37 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (1/7/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/6/2010)
The Tally table is not a panacea and isn't good for this. Dynamic SQL would be good for this. So would an (ugh!) cursor.
Are you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 6:35 pm
Jeffrey Williams-493691 (1/7/2010)
Sorry, but that won't work either - you need the following:SELECT 1 WHERE '111' NOT LIKE '%[0-9]%'
Not quite true if you're looking for values containing only digits....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm
imani_technology (1/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 3:29 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,336 through 40,350 (of 59,098 total)