Viewing 15 posts - 40,321 through 40,335 (of 59,098 total)
mohd.nizamuddin (1/8/2010)
Excellent article.BTW I have another version of CTE, which splits delimited string without tally table. I think it works efficiently, also. Please have a look...:-)
Thanks for the feedback, Mohd.
Several...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 9:40 am
jamesburkill-1146441 (1/8/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 9:35 am
GilaMonster (1/9/2010)
Great, now I'm getting Twitter messages (along with the PMs and mails) "Please answer this forum thread"
Heh... that's why I've not gone there. I get a lot of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 8:29 am
Thanks for the tip, Peter. That's one thing I never really paid attention to.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 7:47 am
Ali_SQLDBA (1/9/2010)
46Gb --Total
4.41632GB-- MDF
Actually, we dont take any log backups. All we do is daily full backups. Also, the recovery model is Full. I know everything is smelling weird....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 7:43 am
Ali_SQLDBA (1/9/2010)
Please advice Immediately.Thanks
Ali
As a bit of a friendly tip, Ali... I know it's just a difference in languages but the words you used combined with the extreme brevity...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 7:36 am
I can't be sure because I was actually there to see everything happen, but it probably has to do with the number of reads before and after tuning. Queries...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 9, 2010 at 7:29 am
Peter Brinkhaus (1/8/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2010 at 11:17 pm
Heh... wouldn't be the first time MS documentation is, ummm... "misleading". Guess I need to do some digging and find out if VARCHAR(MAX) is implicitly convertable before I bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2010 at 10:23 am
mohd.nizamuddin (1/7/2010)
But my problem is not the getting data (output) efficiently, rather I want to know that when I was using DISTINCT clause along with COALESCE, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2010 at 9:47 am
ddlawal (1/8/2010)
Being a hard worker, I love the challenge and the constant trying to better...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2010 at 9:42 am
shannonjk (1/7/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/7/2010)
Only if it's a constant... in 2k5, it'll take any variable datatype that's implicitly convertable to NText and that includes VARCHAR.
Jeff can you show an example of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 11:09 pm
Heh... it WAS a pointer! Seriously... why do you want to be a DBA?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 11:03 pm
Code-1029433 (1/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 9:22 pm
Never mind, Lynn... I see why you're subtracting from 10... I did a validation of a full number and you're calculating the check digit.
Modification of my code will change it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2010 at 9:09 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,321 through 40,335 (of 59,098 total)