Viewing 15 posts - 40,291 through 40,305 (of 59,098 total)
Ray K (1/15/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/14/2010)
But it sounds like a cursor (GAH!) could serve as a "subroutine".I'll bet it was really painful for you to type this! 😀
Heh... yeah... hand still...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2010 at 12:14 pm
:blush: Thanks, J-F. Both for the help and the nice compliment.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm
Dunno... I've never seen this particular problem before. Doesn't seem to be an "instance" setting, either.
Thanks for the help... guess I'll have to throw a rock at the boys...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2010 at 9:39 am
Heh... thanks for confirming that I haven't lost my mind (at least not all of it). That [Scripting] node doesn't exist in the [Tools][Options] dropdown for me. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2010 at 9:24 am
CirquedeSQLeil (1/13/2010)
PC (politically correct - load of crap)
Heh... is that what they mean when they say "Get a loc on things?" 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 11:48 pm
The_SQL_DBA (1/12/2010)
Also, if your tempdb has grown to that big a size, then something must have run that needs...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 11:12 pm
Heh... if they keep deprecating stuff, then zero.
Seriously... SQL Server comes with a whole battery of features that (I believe) are optional and extra compared to some other products. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 11:05 pm
snu155 (1/14/2010)
I would set it to a % of the size of the database. But it depends on your environment.
I'd strongly recommend against that because when the DB is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 9:25 pm
Heh... there's a real easy way to enforce coding standards...
Step 1: Lockdown the server so that only authorized reviewers/DBA's can promote code.
Step 2: Publish the standards with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 9:15 pm
ansu_411,
If you'd like better help quicker with tested code in the future (although Lowell did a fine job), please read the following article...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm
My hat is off to those that want to go and help. However, unless you are well equipped to provide your own water, food, and medical care, don't go...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Since you're brand spanking new to the forum, I recommend you read the following... people will be a lot more willing to help if you help them help you.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm
shaini.binu (1/14/2010)
Thanks for the quick reply,
Regarding the requirement ,
In LinkTable , ID1 contains the uniqueid of a transaction and ID2 contans the uniqueid of the transaction related to it,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 8:45 pm
I'm not a GUI programmer and it's been years since I've touched even VB6 never mind VB.Net. But it sounds like a cursor (GAH!) could serve as a "subroutine".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2010 at 8:32 pm
SELECT t1.ID, t1.Name, t1.ID AS Numbering,
(SELECT COUNT(*) AS NumberOfFruits FROM Test t2 WHERE t2.ID = t1.ID) AS NumberOfFruits
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 13, 2010 at 9:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,291 through 40,305 (of 59,098 total)