Haiti

• I've got a co-worker with parents missing in Haiti. They were in Port-au-Prince when the earthquake hit, and she hasn't heard from them since.

The Red Cross is estimating 50,000 dead.

It's a horrible mess, and I'm sure you've all seen it in the news or at least heard about it.

I've donated money to help my church send some volunteers down there to help out. I'll donate more tomorrow (payday).

Anyone here affected by it directly?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I'm not directly affected, but I would like to make some kind of contribution.

I found this article[/url] in today's New York Times.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• My hat is off to those that want to go and help. However, unless you are well equipped to provide your own water, food, and medical care, don't go because you'll just be drawing water, food, and medical care away from those that are already there.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply