Viewing 15 posts - 39,586 through 39,600 (of 59,098 total)
sqlguy-549681 (2/28/2010)
really appreciate the valuable info I have got.. But so far I didn't get a solid way or clear steps to calculate my database required storage. I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2010 at 8:59 am
I could certainly be incorrect here but I don't believe that you can restore a given table as a different name directly. I believe the only way to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2010 at 8:49 am
Heh... you posted a code example while I was writing a reply. Now that I've seen that, I'm sure this would make an excellent article. You should go...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2010 at 8:43 am
Ah... very cool, Barry. I was going to simply state that physical reads are disk reads and since disk reads are a lot slower than memory reads, when all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2010 at 8:42 am
{Edit} Sorry... posted an incorrect observation.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2010 at 8:17 am
Paul White (2/27/2010)
GilaMonster (2/26/2010)
Seriously, there is no good way of getting an ID value from the database, then later putting the rest of the row in.
There is, and it's called...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 1:31 pm
PhilM99 (2/27/2010)
Very cool. I'll investigate the meaning of the MAX( ... it's not obivous why it's used there.
Its only purpose is to allow the GROUP BY to work well enough...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm
tabrez.test (2/27/2010)
plzz help me in sql
in the following table
policy transaction
1234 new
1234 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm
I use identities for the same reason that people are issued SSN's... It makes life real simple as a unique identifier in the world of large batch programming. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm
Paul White (2/27/2010)
Jeff Moden (2/26/2010)
Heh... I've never actually met or heard of anyone who has actually done that.
Hello! Pleased to meet you.
Actually, I worked at a place which started...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 12:10 pm
nathan 7372 (2/27/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 10:06 am
ssc-574207 (2/25/2010)
TABLESAMPLE didn't work because we need a sample of joined rows and you can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 9:56 am
Paul White (2/27/2010)
Turns out all that is needed to get rid of the index spool is to define the clustered index as UNIQUE. Given that information, a better plan...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 9:13 am
Paul White (2/27/2010)
This is a method called 'set-based iteration' by MVP Hugo Kornelis, which was first brought to my attention here in a discussion of one of Jeff's fine articles.
Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 9:08 am
Kingston Dhasian (2/26/2010)
Paul White (2/26/2010)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a pain in your finger, chopping your hand off is not the solution.
In fairness, it is *a* solution, just probably not optimal...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 27, 2010 at 12:03 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,586 through 39,600 (of 59,098 total)