Viewing 15 posts - 38,221 through 38,235 (of 59,098 total)
rajiv.varma (5/25/2010)
I agree I stripped down the code for posting purpose, but the actual code definitely works. The whole reason behind combining data from 4 columns is that if there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm
kramaswamy (5/25/2010)
This scenario is not actually important to me - I'm fine with choosing any one of them.
Heh... now that would have been nice to know up front. 😛 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm
lmu92 (5/25/2010)
wouldn't it be nice to have a SQL Server setting (like IDENTITY_INSERT), something like STRING_TRUNC with ON as a default (truncate strings, like it currently does...)? That would allow...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 5:08 pm
Cheat... no CASE required.
SELECT ISNULL(SUBSTRING(@exp1,1,(LEN(NULLIF(@exp1,'')) - 1)),'')
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 4:07 pm
I'd prefer that it operate like it does... no warning. I'll sometimes (many times, actually) use it as a cheater (LEFT).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 4:00 pm
Heh... yep... depends on whether you want to be nice to the "pipe" or not.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm
tacy.highland (5/25/2010)
Thank you everyone for the quick and knowledgeable responses! This works wonderfully now.Thank you so much!
Tray... I have a concern about your floating year code with the date format...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm
Oddly enough, I was looking for a similar thing today. I found the following. Not sure it applies here but might be helpful in what to look for...
Declare...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Grant Fritchey (5/25/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/25/2010)
Grant Fritchey (5/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 11:09 am
Grant Fritchey (5/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:33 am
Just to add to what has already been said...
There are a lot of places where well meaning folks use Cursors/While Loops because a job "can't be done using set...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:29 am
If you pass XML, then you'll need to shred it just like if you pass delimited data that needs to be parsed. A lot of folks use XML for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:13 am
Pravin Patel-491467 (5/25/2010)
Thanks a lot for all your help and giving your precious time behind this stuff.
I am posting one more stuff related this stuff in same forums TSQL(SS2K5). If...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 7:44 am
By the way, I have to ask... the code you posted in your original post has so many errors in it that it would never have come close to working....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 7:39 am
So let's ask the question, then... does the underlying table in the view have the cc, yy, mm, dd columns or does it have a viable DATE or DATETIME column,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 7:25 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,221 through 38,235 (of 59,098 total)