Viewing 15 posts - 38,206 through 38,220 (of 59,098 total)
karthikeyan-444867 (5/26/2010)
First, what actually makes you say that and why are you "sure"?
I read like 'Don't create clustered index on monotonically increasing column' some years back.
I take it that wasn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 26, 2010 at 6:41 am
karthikeyan-444867 (5/26/2010)
what will happen If I delete some rows from the table. wouldn't cause IDENTITY GAP issue? wouldn't waste the datapage space?
I guess you really need to read up on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 26, 2010 at 6:27 am
Ken Lee-263418 (5/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 26, 2010 at 4:57 am
sunny.tjk (5/25/2010)
(1) It said "DELETE is a logged operation on a per row basis. This means that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 10:10 pm
Maxer (5/25/2010)
We have a table that already exists in a database and various programs we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 9:53 pm
karthikeyan-444867 (5/25/2010)
I am sure we shouldn't create Clustered index/primary key on an IDENTITY column.
First, what actually makes you say that and why are you "sure"?
This is not a natural...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 9:32 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (5/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:40 pm
As elutin points out, sp_executesql will do the trick. Additionally, it virtually defeats any attempt at SQL Injection when done properly and if the code is public facing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm
ColdCoffee (5/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:22 pm
There is a bit of a problem here, folks. ISNUMERIC should NEVER (one of the few times I say "never" :-P) be used to detect if a varchar is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 8:20 pm
Bill Nicolich (5/25/2010)
...
Sorry about that!...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 7:45 pm
Douglas Osborne-456728 (5/25/2010)
Nick,This seemed to work a little better for me:
How so? Please describe.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 7:42 pm
varkstad (5/24/2010)
Hi again,Now I have solved even this last problem. Thank you for all help today.
Gunilla
Two way street here, Gunilla. 😉 How did you fix that last problem?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 6:25 pm
With what Jeffrey posted from BOL, I'd be content to not have any additional warnings mostly because I'm a defensive programmer to begin with.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 6:04 pm
Allow me to give you an example of why it's important for us to have all the information we ask for. We're not asking you this stuff to run...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2010 at 5:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,206 through 38,220 (of 59,098 total)