Viewing 15 posts - 37,771 through 37,785 (of 59,098 total)
It's a real shame that they're doing away with it. Lookup "sp_MakeWebTask" in Books Online. With the advent of VARCHAR(MAX) in 2k5, it's an awesome tool and you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 7:45 pm
So, Iām curious, have you had a time at work where you learned a lesson about productivity or technique by watching someone, a light bulb moment?
Heh... my favorite moments are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 7:26 pm
william-700725 (7/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 7:12 pm
Tom.Thomson (7/7/2010)
bteraberry (7/7/2010)
The Dixie Flatline (7/7/2010)
You're not going to explain this in a such a way as to make him happy.I didn't believe you. Now I do.
I've been there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 7:06 pm
Olga B (7/7/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Gosh... just adding my 2 cents... I don't understand what all the controversy is. The original post returns the results exactly the way I'd expect such code to return...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm
TheSQLGuru (7/7/2010)
One had autoshrink on and neither had ANY index maintenance or statistics update jobs.
BWAA-HAAA!!!! C'mon now, Kevin! Everyone knows that having autoshrink turned on is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 5:20 pm
Ken Klaft-381933 (7/7/2010)
<LOL>I didn't see the entire second page of replies.
My apologies to Jeff and the group.
š
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 5:09 pm
msimone (7/7/2010)
In [font="Arial Black"]developer edition[/font], a select with like operator the function is good, but in [font="Arial Black"]developer edition[/font], is bad, less rows.
???? :blink:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm
KarenD (7/7/2010)
We are only using about 600 Gig of database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 4:59 pm
Oleg Netchaev (7/6/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/2/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 7, 2010 at 12:36 am
Thank you for the test harness and your good code, Oleg. I'll check it out.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 9:24 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/6/2010)
WayneS (7/5/2010)
I've been contemplating making...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm
Paul White NZ (7/6/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/6/2010)
Oddly enough, I'd heard that Forward_Only Read_Only was faster than Fast_Forward. Heh.... guess what I'm NOT going to test. :hehe:
Yep, but you also need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 12:14 pm
Heh... not to worry. Didn't take it the wrong way. I was truly sorry for being short on the subject.
So far as SSAS being a "good GUI".... it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 11:14 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,771 through 37,785 (of 59,098 total)