Viewing 15 posts - 37,786 through 37,800 (of 59,098 total)
j-1064772 (7/6/2010)
why not
WHILE (@@FETCH_STATUS = 0)
You could certainly do it that way... I just like to avoid the extra FETCH that requires.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 11:03 am
Paul White NZ (7/6/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/6/2010)
...the only reason why I know how to write one (or at least I think I know how to write one :hehe:)...
The cursor you wrote...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 6:40 am
David Burrows (7/6/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/6/2010)
If you take a look at the rest of that post, it's saying "Don't use cursors" 72 different ways.
Making excuses after the fact does not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 6:39 am
joel.weiss 70857 (7/6/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 6:23 am
paul s-306273 (7/5/2010)
Off topic, but when did SSC-Insane ranking come in?
It seems like Steve made it up right after I tipped the 20K mark. Since I'm the only one that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 6:19 am
rajmaiet (7/5/2010)
HiI am executing the above query but tables are not being creeated and the script is not giving any error also
Please suggest what needs to be checked.
Thanks
Rajendra:-)
If you ran...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 6:06 am
WayneS (7/5/2010)
Be still, my heart!Jeff's now teaching how to write a c.u.r.s.o.r.
:w00t:
(Who would have thought he would be able to even write one??? ;-):-P )
BWAA-HAAA!!! The only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2010 at 5:59 am
Ah... I get it. It did seem the other way, though. Too funny... 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2010 at 10:46 am
Gianluca Sartori (7/5/2010)
Both queries returns 30 rows at most, so it should be no problem.
BWAA-HAAA!!! I never thought I'd see you make such a justification. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2010 at 9:50 am
azadpeyma.parham 32837 (7/4/2010)
I am completely conviced. Your explanation was so thourough and precise. I was wrong. Actualy, it was not my fault, I was kinda misled, since I have seen...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2010 at 9:33 am
vedpsoni (7/5/2010)
I just wanna know that what is cursor
is it datatype or object and how
and what is use of cursor when we have its alternate
and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2010 at 9:13 am
Gianluca Sartori (7/2/2010)
I decided to fix the thing using a table variable, but I didn't save the plans.
Just a thought... My recommendation would be to exercise the query that returns...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2010 at 11:50 am
Mike C (7/3/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2010 at 10:55 am
jyurich (7/3/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2010 at 10:50 am
azadpeyma.parham 32837 (7/3/2010)
I have implemented a database in SQL-server 2008. In all tables, I have set all the primary keys to int. (Still, there is no data in database.)
I want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2010 at 10:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,786 through 37,800 (of 59,098 total)