Viewing 15 posts - 37,651 through 37,665 (of 59,098 total)
Paul White NZ (7/16/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/16/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 2:36 pm
I'll try to remember it on Monday, then, Julie. Thanks for your patience.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm
Outstanding. Thanks for your time, Steve! It'll help everyone that happens to read this thread.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/15/2010)
That's a load of crap. Vendors should support their database despite other databases being present. I know they pull...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 1:26 pm
Joe Celko (7/16/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm
Julie Breutzmann (7/16/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Now [font="Arial Black"]there's [/font]an idea for an article... comparing the pros and cons of using a DateTime dates compared to INT dates.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 12:56 pm
da-zero (7/14/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/13/2010)
Have you got a link for all of the requirements, Steve? Thanks.
:blink:
I think I have an URL where you can download experience. If I can find...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Gianluca Sartori (7/16/2010)
Paul White NZ (7/15/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/15/2010)
Can you good folks give me an example of when IDENTITY will not work?
When you need a sequence across several tables
When you need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 16, 2010 at 12:35 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/15/2010)
Joe Celko (7/15/2010)
Talking about multiple parents in a Hierarchy makes no seine by definition.Full on agree with that.
Maybe for a hierarchy but have you ever seen a BOM?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 5:23 pm
gary.strange-1058508 (7/15/2010)
I would consider using cut & paste to repeat your comment along the thread contributes nothing of substance.
Perhaps my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 2:11 pm
Julie Breutzmann (7/15/2010)
I work in higher ed and our budget has been cut significantly. To make matters worse a significant portion of our budget is non-discretionary. 🙁
Damn... I'll never understand...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm
Eralper (7/15/2010)
Hello dheer,Please thy the following select query
selectname,
MAX(dob), MAX(maths), MAX(science), MAX(chemisty), MAX(physics),
MAX(maths) + MAX(science) + MAX(chemisty) + MAX(physics)
from lessons
group by name
I hope that helps you
The problem with that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 1:59 pm
Paul White NZ (7/15/2010)
Gianluca Sartori (7/15/2010)
...but consider that this solution can lead to very extensive row locks if run inside transactions...
Yes that's one of the things to watch out for,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm
TheSQLGuru (7/15/2010)
Also did we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,651 through 37,665 (of 59,098 total)