Viewing 15 posts - 37,201 through 37,215 (of 59,098 total)
r.vanlaake-1086273 (8/21/2010)
ok, thanks!!!Ray
You say that but which suggestion did you follow? Some of these suggestions use a deprecated command and some won't give you what you want via code,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm
I disagree with the idea of NOT using an IDENTITY for such a purpose if it's on a Temp Table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm
GilaMonster (8/21/2010)
He's not.
Heh... crud... I missed that. Thanks, Gail.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 11:39 am
wardster (8/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 11:32 am
chrs-513176 (8/20/2010)
I adapted your code above and it works most of the time except when I want to get the size of compressed backup files created by Quest LiteSpeed....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 11:24 am
_ms65g_ (8/17/2010)
Here is a new approach for splitting a delimited string. It is set-based, without CHARINDEX, using number table…
See:
DECLARE @s-2 VARCHAR(620)='item_01,item_02,item_03';
;WITH C AS
(SELECT n,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 11:11 am
subha.msc2007 (8/21/2010)
i will give you the brief introduction about the performance issues.
1. connectivity problems &
2. Database tuning issues
Database tuning issues in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 10:53 am
Zeev Kazhdan (8/21/2010)
if there is any faster way to implement...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 10:48 am
philmond (8/20/2010)
Could you please tell me what's the advantage of using CTE and ROW_NUMBER() over a mush more intuitive temporary table with an IDENTITY(1,1) field?
IMHO... Just a tiny bit of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 10:38 am
That's what I'm talking about... You have the Users and the Subscription service (whatever that is for you) calling the same proc and you're running into trouble.
The "final" proc...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 10:32 am
GilaMonster (8/20/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/20/2010)
Comment withdrawn. I couldn't find the MS reference that I remember seeing to support what I said so I've withdrawn my comment.
Now I'm curious......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 10:11 am
Steve Jones - Editor (8/20/2010)
I don't know if Andy's the best, but he's pretty good. Course, being a fellow Southerner, I like listening to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:46 am
Riskworks (8/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:43 am
Thanks for the help, folks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the deprecation lists. I appreciate your time.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:39 am
Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Since the formula is "deterministic", a lot of folks may be tempted to make the computed column PERSISTED. That will take just as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:36 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,201 through 37,215 (of 59,098 total)