Viewing 15 posts - 37,216 through 37,230 (of 59,098 total)
R0gu3Tr4d3r (8/18/2010)
The wierd thing is that it works fine as a standalone T-SQL command in Management Studio as
ALTER TABLE extract ADD...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:30 am
Since I'm no Oracle Ninja, I did a web search for 'Oracle +"Bulk Select"'. It would appear that there's no such animal. There IS a BULK COLLECT INTO,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 9:05 am
Stefan_G (8/20/2010)
There will be blocking - another application will not be able to insert data into the table until the application has finished reading all the data.
It depends. It...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 21, 2010 at 8:54 am
WayneS (8/20/2010)
CROSS JOIN
Specifies the cross-product of two tables. Returns the same rows as if no WHERE clause was specified in an old-style, non-SQL-92-style join.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 1:25 pm
jeff.mason (8/20/2010)
Sure don't see that in R2 BOL, and you'd think that would be the most official list.
I've heard that the old "equi-join" format of using commas for Inner and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 1:21 pm
GilaMonster (8/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 1:18 pm
Chris Morris-439714 (8/20/2010)
'digestibility'. The tally table used to be an advanced concept but... ... it's now just another tool in every TSQL developers' box.
I guess that's the real key and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm
Comment withdrawn. I couldn't find the MS reference that I remember seeing to support what I said so I've withdrawn my comment. If I find the MS reference,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 12:11 pm
ricardo_chicas (8/20/2010)
what I really want to know is for a suggestion on what is the best way to retrieve large amount of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm
The WHERE clause should be something like the following...
WHERE somedatecolumn >= startdatefromcalendarcontrol
AND somedatecolumn < DATEADD(dd,1,startdatefromcalendarcontrol)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 12:00 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 11:43 am
Never mind.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 11:32 am
As a side bar, doing a presentation of the daily price changes should probably be left to the GUI. Doing them in SQL Server is going to be a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 11:18 am
Eric Russell 13013 (8/20/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/20/2010)
If you use SELECT INTO to build your Temp tables, you don't need to change the table structure... it just happens.
[font="Arial Black"]When choosing between ranking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 11:02 am
Cade Roux (8/20/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/20/2010)If you use SELECT INTO to build your Temp tables, you don't need to change the table structure... it just happens.
Are there limitations surrounding that? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 20, 2010 at 10:56 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,216 through 37,230 (of 59,098 total)