Viewing 15 posts - 37,171 through 37,185 (of 59,098 total)
paul.knibbs (8/11/2010)
David Data (8/10/2010)
It would be nice to have a datatype like .NET's string which can carry strings of (almost) any length without worrying about what its contents' maximum length...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:14 am
Hugo Kornelis (8/9/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:09 am
vidhya sagar (8/22/2010)
If you have an high speed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 4:59 am
cilla25 (8/22/2010)
I am more wondering,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 4:53 am
steve-893342 (8/20/2010)
You can identify the files you need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:53 pm
You could also use UNPIVOT once you have the data in a staging table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm
I don't install CU's or Hot Fixes unless they have something very specific that I need. Don't forget that CU's aren't tested to the same extent as SP's.
Also, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:36 pm
SqlServerLover (8/22/2010)
I did not mean to run manually.Set up shared schedule to run at 12 am on the 1st of the month.
That's what I'm talking about. What happens...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:18 pm
GilaMonster (8/22/2010)
sql_er (8/21/2010)
Last week a co-worker mentioned that it is best to place fixed length data types first, followed by variable length columns
No, not at all. Order of columns in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:13 pm
Don't all these groups have some sort of registered group number that would be mostly immutable? If not, then I suggest you make one because there's no way to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:07 pm
SwePeso (8/22/2010)
Perhaps the file size is more than 2GB?Anyways, have you tried using SQLCLR for this?
Yep... that could certainly be it. There are other things we can do. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 8:01 pm
Ah... apologies. I see that Remi already posted such a comment. I've really got to learn to read a whole thread before posting.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 7:49 pm
Kingston Dhasian (8/22/2010)
One more solution to your problem
SELECT * FROM holidays WHERE DATEDIFF( DAY, freedate, GETDATE() ) = 0The below mentioned article might be helpful to you
Ummm... no. Sorry,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm
harshinderkaur (8/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 7:41 pm
If TempDB is "used heavily" as you say, then a spindle per CPU would be really good but... the big thing is to get that log file off those disks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 22, 2010 at 7:38 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,171 through 37,185 (of 59,098 total)