Viewing 15 posts - 37,156 through 37,170 (of 59,098 total)
Steve Jones - Editor (8/23/2010)
We need to get Paul out here in the US for some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 8:47 pm
Awesome info, Jack. Didn't know about the Chapter LM. That pretty much solves the whole thing. I'll setup a test with Roy. Thanks a bunch.
{edit} ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm
Grant Fritchey (8/17/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/17/2010)
Alvin Ramard (8/17/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/19/2010)
jcrawf02 (8/19/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (8/19/2010)
The Red Gate Source Control webinar starts in a few, if any of you are interested
Perfect timing, thanks Steve! (good show,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 8:03 pm
steve-893342 (8/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 6:12 pm
steve-893342 (8/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 1:08 pm
jcrawf02 (8/23/2010)
pete callaghan (8/22/2010)
Support the animated giff comment - they get do very old very quickly.
For those of you who are bothered, go to your Control Panel (top left...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 1:04 pm
SwayneBell (8/23/2010)
Stay folksy. Your articles are great the way they are.
I'm new to the forums and not a DBA by profession. I read the posts and articles here to broaden...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 12:48 pm
Kingston Dhasian (8/23/2010)
But i mostly use this method to write a quick query. It is short and sweet.
... and slow. Heh... I normally want the highest speed when I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 6:23 am
Here's why I specifically wanted a "Paul" reference... I knew he'd get into...
Using DBCC IND and DBCC PAGE to examine a row in detail
It's too bad the comments are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 6:05 am
GilaMonster (8/23/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/22/2010)
There's one I didn't know. Have a got a Paul or MS link for that?
Got a Paul link (or three).
http://sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Inside-the-Storage-Engine-Anatomy-of-a-record.aspx
http://sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Inside-the-Storage-Engine-Anatomy-of-a-page.aspx
Everything in his category 'On disk structures'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:54 am
You can't really use regular expressions in SQL Server unless you do an SQLCLR.
The real problem here is that even if you can get it to make human-like decisions, even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:53 am
niyinks (8/23/2010)
The table above identifies my problem, it reuses the end date and start date. Thus having multiple entries for a date instead of having a few entries only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:47 am
GilaMonster (8/23/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/22/2010)
I'm pretty sure that statistics TIME and IO don't include SQLCLR and I believe they sometimes miss what's happening in UDF's that a query may contain.
Correct on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2010 at 5:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,156 through 37,170 (of 59,098 total)