Cumulative Updates & Hotfixes

• I'll say this is one reason I think we need those yearly service packs. A more stable, tested version of patches that gets us to a level that can be used for applying future updates.

Note the CUs are cumulative, meaning that if you apply CU 8, the fixes from previous ones are a part of the codebase, so you need to be sure that you are testing for all fixes since the last service pack.

• We are pretty much the same. We will only look at a CU if it fixes a specific issue we are having. We also lag on SPs until we see some feedback in the forums.

Mike

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”...Robert McCloskey

• Steve Jones - Editor (8/23/2010)

I'll say this is one reason I think we need those yearly service packs. A more stable, tested version of patches that gets us to a level that can be used for applying future updates.

I absolutely agree with that. If they'd get it down to a particular month of each year, then some reasonable FTE and /or PTE scheduling could be planned for on the regression testing.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply