Viewing 15 posts - 37,036 through 37,050 (of 59,098 total)
I'm a bit torn on this one...
The article is nicely written with good clear graphics examples but I just wouldn't do this task this way. On the other hand,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 1, 2010 at 6:41 am
Heh... so far as I'm concerned, there really aren't any computer programmers left in most of the world. 😉 There are a whole lot of computer "users" using high...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 1, 2010 at 6:27 am
Perfect. I'll be back. Sorry this is taking so long. Work is a bit hectic and the delays between our posts make things a bit slow. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 1, 2010 at 6:13 am
CirquedeSQLeil (1/9/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 9:38 pm
Thanks for the feedback, loki1049, and glad I could help. Nicely done and thanks for sharing your code with us. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm
Jon V (8/30/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 9:16 pm
AnthonyR (8/30/2010)
Using NEWID() as you have is a better way to get random data out of SQL if you don't want repeatability, but getting repeatable random-ish data out of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 9:13 pm
I modified the code for the Split8K function further so that it would actually split all the rows thrown at it for shield_21's tests. Here's what it looks like...
--DelimitedSplit8K...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 9:09 pm
Quatrei.X (8/30/2010)
:hehe: I haven't used SET STATISTICS TIME (ON|OFF) before. Thanks 😀
that's the one you guys used right? or is there a tool or something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 8:14 pm
Brandie Tarvin (8/31/2010)
GilaMonster (8/31/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (8/27/2010)
Alvin Ramard (8/27/2010)
Differential vs incremental, that was my mistake, but I don't care because I'm not a DBA. 😀
ACK! We've been invaded! There's one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 31, 2010 at 7:03 am
pietlinden (8/30/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/30/2010)
The only thing I'm missing is how YOU call the EXEC that sends an email for you. (Trying to give you a complete solution).
I would call...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm
The only thing I'm missing is how YOU call the EXEC that sends an email for you. (Trying to give you a complete solution).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2010 at 9:07 pm
SwePeso (8/30/2010)
SET @CurrencyAmountID = SCOPE_IDENTITY()
instead of
SET @CurrencyAmountID = @@IDENTITY
@@IDENTITY will give you the latest created identity value in the database, no matter which table or user created it....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2010 at 7:20 pm
Mr.SQL DBA (8/30/2010)
You are absolutely correct. Tuning of Inserts is as Important as Tuning the Selects.
so i want any options or any types or any methods or any scenarios...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Anthony,
Here's a direct replacement for your sprTablixTest with three very important differences (that you may or may not want)...
1) It creates different data every time you use it instead...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2010 at 7:09 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,036 through 37,050 (of 59,098 total)