Viewing 15 posts - 22,336 through 22,350 (of 59,098 total)
No idea what the problem is but... I wouldn't use the SA login ever (most folks in-the-know will disable it on their servers) and I sure wouldn't embed the password...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Ed Wagner (11/30/2014)
SQLRNNR (11/29/2014)
Junk (ship)Scuttle
Being a former submarine sailor, my word would be "target". 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 7:01 pm
luissantos (11/30/2014)
Hello comunityI found the problem and solve the situation because i not write the correct name field to Update.
the correct name is eftaxam_a and not ftaxamt_a.
my apologies.
Best regards,
Luis Santos
No...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 5:31 pm
aaron.reese (11/30/2014)
Normally running totals should be delegated to the reporting application; they infer a sequence which goes against Set Theory.
You've touch a "sweet" spot for me, Aaron. I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 4:56 pm
ahfb (11/30/2014)
I want to write a Query For Table
CASE WHEN ISNUMERIC(PriceColumn) = 1 THEN CAST(PriceColumn AS DECIMAL(18,2)) ELSE 0 END
Error:
Error converting data type nvarchar to numeric
-------------------------------------
Some of Data in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Not to mention a "near campus" and one or more "home" addresses depending on whether Mom & Dad have a time share or not. In fact, you might want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 3:52 pm
arunnrj87 (11/30/2014)
We got a new project and developer told to create a new database and told to design me.
They given the Details in Excel sheet which i have attachment...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:37 am
Heh... I definitely sympathize with that task. For me to get back down to what I once weighed, I'd have to loose the equivalent of a 9th grader. :pinch:...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:19 am
p.s. I strongly recommend that you take a full backup of your test environment before you do any delete tests. If the delete tests don't work out right,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:12 am
Hi anni00,
On the surface, it would appear that way but, like everything else in SQL Server, it really does depend. DELETES can be brutal because a lot of people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:10 am
Edvard Korsbæk (11/30/2014)
And how could i have found out without asking here....
There are a huge number of examples in "Books Online", affectionately and commonly referred to as just "BOL", which...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 9:49 am
anni00 (11/28/2014)
I'd like to get your thoughts on the approach to archiving data from a set of tables with foreign key constraints.
The scenario is we have a target table holding...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 8:35 am
GilaMonster (11/30/2014)
Jeff Moden (11/28/2014)
It would be really cool if we could get MS to retrofit this to 2012 and 2014.
Snowball's chance in hell.
They don't back-port features, can't think of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 8:22 am
pietlinden (11/29/2014)
Sorry, can't remember if any windowing functions were available in 2008R2. Haven't used 2008 in an age (partly because windowing functions are super handy!)
Not your fault... With...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 8:19 am
itmasterw 60042 (11/29/2014)
And thanks for the alternate way of doing this, but when I compard the execution plans the cost was about the same; I was looking for a more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 29, 2014 at 10:34 am
Viewing 15 posts - 22,336 through 22,350 (of 59,098 total)