Viewing 15 posts - 22,321 through 22,335 (of 59,098 total)
Crud. I can't post the answer from where I'm at. I have a solution for you and will post it as soon as I get home.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 6:01 pm
Jeff Moden (12/1/2014)
Perry Whittle (12/1/2014)
High end FC disks generally arent available in TB sizes and are usually in the order of $1000s each
Oh my! I guess I'm not sure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 3:43 pm
My question would be, see what happens when you have denormalized data in your tables? Table 2 should NOT have the Cat column in it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 2:15 pm
To be honest, having a "timeslot field" is a really bad idea. You should have a StartDT and an EndDT where you have both the date and time (hence,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Perry Whittle (12/1/2014)
High end FC disks generally arent available in TB sizes and are usually in the order of $1000s each
Oh my! I guess I'm not sure what type...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 8:30 am
Perry Whittle (12/1/2014)
Jeff Moden (11/28/2014)
A 1 TB 15k-RPM drive costs less than $300 for a SAN drive.High end FC disks are a lot pricier than $300!!
I'll try to find...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 7:51 am
aaron.reese (11/27/2014)
declare @data table (ID int, FirstName varchar(20), Surname varchar(20), phone varchar(10),...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 7:49 am
My pleasure. Thank you for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2014 at 7:05 am
Shadab Shah (11/30/2014)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 11:34 pm
Are you allowed to use xp_CmdShell? That would probably make your life a bit easier here. And, no... I'm not suggesting that you enable a proxy for a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 11:22 pm
P.S. That table has a fair number of columns that you might want to add indexes to. With that thought in mind, I strongly recommend that you do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 11:04 pm
If you check the results from the script I gave, there are 3,832,619 pages of LOB data present. If we multiply that times the page size of 8,192,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Chowdary's (11/30/2014)
Hi Everyone..One of the table is occupying more space.
how to check which column is taking more space in a table?
This is for the same problem that you're having...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:24 pm
WhiteLotus (11/30/2014)
Jeff Moden (11/28/2014)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Chowdary's (11/30/2014)
We are having the issue with DB size,
for every 3 months we are getting the same issue.
The thing is only one table getting increasing the size.
On 26th...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 22,321 through 22,335 (of 59,098 total)