Viewing 15 posts - 22,051 through 22,065 (of 59,098 total)
It seems like two UNION ALLs would do the trick.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 5, 2015 at 12:19 am
And, yeah... there will be an article coming out on this. I have to make a couple of tweaks to handle different types of groupings.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Ok, here we go. I first had to make a couple of assumptions. which is why this code looks a little complicated.
1. 3 months isn't going to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Yakov Shlafman (12/19/2014)
Thanks. I agree I communicated multiple things with an assumption that my reader is a beginner. How I could do it better?
Highlight the key to the process by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Still, enquiring minds want to know, what is the "YearMonth" column for?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/4/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/4/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/4/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 2:03 pm
For more information on how that works and an alternative along with some performance testing, please see the following article...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 12:01 pm
shashianireddy (1/3/2015)
a
Deleting an original post is a real quick way to lose friends. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 10:58 am
Lynn Pettis (1/3/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/3/2015)
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1648047-2799-1.aspx
Anyone have even a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 10:54 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/4/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 10:50 am
asita (1/3/2015)
insert into #MyPhoneList values (123456789,'King@travel.com',null,'b.king@gmail.com',0,0,1,1,0,1)
insert into #MyPhoneList values (234567891,'drew@cocacola.com','drew@cocacola.com',null,1,1,1,1,0,1)
insert into #MyPhoneList values (345678912,'bob@chase.com',null,'kuya@gmail.com',1,0,1,1,0,1)
insert into #MyPhoneList values (456789123,null,'cmith@aix.com','bbc.king@gmail.com',1,1,1,1,1,1)
insert into #MyPhoneList values ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 10:24 am
asita (1/3/2015)
Nolock is ignore the locks (please ignore it)
Trust me Dhani, we know what it does and folks in-the-know can't just ignore it. It's normally a bad thing to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 10:01 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/4/2015)
asita (1/3/2015)
Nolock is ignore the locks (please ignore it)
To me it appears as the nolock hint is used here as a blanket solution, without understanding the potential effects...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 9:57 am
@Navin,
Quick question, please. Do you just want to import the spreadsheet as it is (Flat table that resembles the spreadsheet in structure) or do you want the data to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 4, 2015 at 9:53 am
<Head-Desk> Thanks, sqlvogel. I keep forgetting about MERGE because I'm still stuck in a 2005 world (working on upgrades to 2012). And, I agree... I'd still probably use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 3, 2015 at 9:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 22,051 through 22,065 (of 59,098 total)