Viewing 15 posts - 21,316 through 21,330 (of 59,098 total)
Tac11 (3/9/2015)
Since BLOBs live in different table, if I want to know 'what's the size of each row?' does the 'Data' contains (from sp_spacesued 'tablename') BLOBs too? And what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 7:13 pm
I have to ask... why are you trying to do this to begin with? What is it that you're actually trying to do with the .BAK files?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 7:09 pm
Correct but I do have to thank you for taking the time to amplify your answer. Well done.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Apologies for the very late reply.
To the best of my knowledge, ragged right doesn't add a space or any such thing but I question the use of ragged right for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 6:55 pm
PHYData DBA (2/26/2015)
Mark Hickin (1/17/2006)
I think it's worth making the point that this approach does nothing to combat what is fundamentally bad about cursors. All we have done here is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 6:48 pm
HookSqlDba7 (3/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Andrew Pankov (3/2/2015)
I tried OPENDATASOURCE instead of OPENROWSET.
SELECT * FROM OPENDATASOURCE ('Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0', 'Data Source=\\server\share\filename.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;IMEX=1;HDR=NO;"')...['2014$']
It's running ok again when sql server is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 5:56 pm
See the following article:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2015 at 4:47 pm
suresh0534 (3/9/2015)
I got the Solution.
Below is the Solution.
DECLARE @str VARCHAR(400)
--Add your specialcharacters here
DECLARE @specialchars VARCHAR(50) = '%[~,@,#,$,%,&,*,(,),.,!^?:]%'
SET @str = 'KRA!NTHI@#KUMAR, KU%^?MAR GO~()$U.:D'
WHILE PATINDEX( @specialchars, @str ) > 0
---Remove special...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2015 at 6:23 pm
Gosta Munktell (3/10/2015)
JeffI apologize for the too short and provocative statements.
On that subject, you're a good man for coming back on that. Thanks a huge amount, Gosta.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2015 at 8:11 am
Thanks for your efforts, Gosta. I really appreciate it.
If we take a look at the following section of the code...
cmd.CommandText = " CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Test]( " & _
"[Name]...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2015 at 8:09 am
shalaran (3/9/2015)
I'm working on a tsql query to return a column with the summed time units for each week. However, I'm only getting a summed total at Week6, and am...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2015 at 9:53 pm
NachiM (3/9/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2015 at 7:02 pm
steven.oates (2/13/2015)
We have a problem which we have hit a brick wall with, hopefully someone can offer some support or point us in the right direction...
We have an SSIS parent...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2015 at 6:41 pm
smatu (3/9/2015)
My instance will not restart after I stopped it. I issued the command below inorder to enable backup of my databases to a mapped drive. Now it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,316 through 21,330 (of 59,098 total)