Viewing 15 posts - 20,896 through 20,910 (of 59,098 total)
One of the most obvious yet frequently over looked methods is the reports you can get when you right-click on the instance name in Object Explorer. It's very effective...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2015 at 7:28 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (4/30/2015)
sharonsql2013 (4/30/2015)
Say today is April 30 which is Week 18th but since its...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2015 at 7:10 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (4/30/2015)
sharonsql2013 (4/30/2015)
I am trying to access the records and it takes almost 40 seconds to filter out of 180000 rows. Which is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2015 at 6:47 am
sharonsql2013 (4/30/2015)
I want the start of the week from 04-12-2015 thru 4-18-2015. (Sat thru Sun)
What should the start of the week for the 1st of January 2015 be and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 8:17 pm
I'll also add that it'll be a real surprise for someone if you wait for 20% growth on a terabyte database before you report it. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 3:43 pm
sharonsql2013 (4/30/2015)
That helps..Thanks a lot
Actually, it doesn't. The WEEK datepart doesn't count whole weeks.
--===== Note that the dates below occur on an adjacent Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 3:40 pm
ram.vaddiparthi (4/30/2015)
I am using google form which will help me to capture the login,break and other off work related activities. Now, the challenge is how can I get the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 3:22 pm
mark.hall (2/23/2010)
I've got a 200GB database 1 file 1 log. When the DB has to grow it causes the application to wait which causes the 250...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 3:17 pm
tfendt (4/30/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 2:02 pm
sharonsql2013 (4/30/2015)
Changed the signed from < to > which was the requirement though. ANd now it pulled up quick
If you continue to use DATEDIFF like that, you continue to compare...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 1:57 pm
anju04n6 (4/30/2015)
I have tried earlier with \r\ n and . I think just before I posted the question I changed it to \r to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
djj (4/30/2015)
Also is there an index on Time_Created?
Also, what is the datatype of the Time_Created column? Could be some nasty ol' implicit conversions working here.
I also agree with Luis.......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 10:57 am
kevaburg (4/27/2015)
Many, many thanks for the tips. I have decided to use a combination of the advice given here.
I will add an identity column in the table and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 9:00 am
pawankkmr 41145 (4/30/2015)
Check out puzzles @http://msbiskills.com/tsql-puzzles-asked-in-interview-over-the-years/
That's pretty cool. One recommendation would be that if anyone wants to use XML to do a split, you might not want to work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 8:56 am
I was at work until 2AM this morning but I did manage to work on your project a bit. I never provide answers to such important data without a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2015 at 8:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,896 through 20,910 (of 59,098 total)