Viewing 15 posts - 20,026 through 20,040 (of 59,098 total)
Why MS made it so difficult to write functions with indeterminate results, I'll never know. You'll need to do the following hack...
First, create this view. The name of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 7:38 am
Eric M Russell (8/3/2015)
Jeff Moden (7/31/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 6:48 am
Cadavre (8/3/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/2/2015)
What a total waste of time for the interviewers. Pork chops are not enough for these people whether they believe themselves to be innocent or not.
It...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 6:41 am
sushantkatte (8/2/2015)
CASE WHEN alert_msg ='Meter' THEN 1
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 6:36 am
The one on automating Excel Hell isn't too bad, either. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 6:17 am
metroman17 (7/31/2015)
I cannot create a Stored proc across 100's of servers.I will be running this code across servers from the SSIS package.
Are all those servers on the same domain?
As a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 12:04 pm
The 3rd point sounds like they want to keep the original source files forever.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 11:59 am
Welsh Corgi (8/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 11:49 am
Rahuul (8/2/2015)
Thanks a lot Jason.Saved my day!!
On another note, could it be done using Pivot?
Thanks again.
Rahuul
Using PIVOT for this can make things slower but, for more information, please see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 11:45 am
I'd be really careful when considering partitioning (either partitioned tables or views) just for purposes of archiving. There are a whole lot of caveats (for example, partitioned column is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 11:38 am
Michael L John (8/1/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/17/2011)
Jayanth_Kurup (8/17/2011)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 10:51 am
Alvin Ramard (8/1/2015)
Jeff Moden (7/31/2015)
Alvin Ramard (7/31/2015)
I guess I've had enough of this forum for this week.http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1707595-2799-1.aspx
You did fine and you're absolutely spot on. You've said what we're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 10:34 am
sushantkatte (8/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 10:23 am
LinksUp (8/1/2015)
Here is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 10:19 am
webrunner (8/1/2015)
I know the general best practice for SQL Server is to use Windows logins, but we're not there yet.
I know you already know this but I have to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,026 through 20,040 (of 59,098 total)