Viewing 15 posts - 20,011 through 20,025 (of 59,098 total)
So, why did the chicken cross the road? Because he's always done it that way. 🙂 Why won't he stop? Because he's never tried that before. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Not as convenient as a SELECT INTO, though.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 5:53 pm
... and don't forget to rebuild the indexes on EVERY table because even one-off shrinks are going to fragment the hell out of your database.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:35 pm
kingdonshel (8/3/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:33 pm
GonnaCatchIT (7/31/2015)
I have a Database say DB1 which has collation "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS".
The tempdb in the sql server is set to collation "Latin1_General_CI_AS".
I have SP's which create temp tables say :#temp1...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:32 pm
New persopn (8/3/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Matt Miller (#4) (8/3/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/3/2015)
a_ud (8/3/2015)
Thanks Jeff, perfect solution. Testing it now.I also found this explanation, pretty much in the same line, that also seems easy enough:
http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2012/11/20/sql-server-using-rand-in-user-defined-functions-udf/
Thanks for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:14 pm
JaybeeSQL (8/3/2015)
I figure I need to output a sproc into a new physical table, so the column definitions match the output.
So far I think I'll need a
Select Into...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 4:09 pm
Welsh Corgi (8/3/2015)
There are 3 file groups and 6 files.
Not that it will matter much but for what? The database or that one table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 10:08 am
Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll start working on the article. Shouldn't be too difficult considering the Power Point "document" I already have on the subject.
Heh... ironically, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 10:06 am
a_ud (8/3/2015)
Thanks Jeff, perfect solution. Testing it now.I also found this explanation, pretty much in the same line, that also seems easy enough:
http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2012/11/20/sql-server-using-rand-in-user-defined-functions-udf/
Thanks for the feedback. The problem with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 9:56 am
webrunner (8/2/2015)
Jeff Moden (8/2/2015)
webrunner (8/1/2015)
I know the general best practice for SQL Server is to use Windows logins, but we're not there yet.
I know you already know this but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 9:46 am
Welsh Corgi (8/3/2015)
Jayanth_Kurup (8/2/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 9:40 am
ben.brugman (8/3/2015)
Grant Fritchey (8/3/2015)
Don't get hung too much on PLE.
Thanks for you reply.
I do tend to get hung up to much by 'numbers' in general, and like to understand how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 7:57 am
Grant Fritchey (8/1/2015)
Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Editorial/129741/">But we've always done it that way…</A>
That's my favorite example on the subject.
The only difference in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2015 at 7:46 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,011 through 20,025 (of 59,098 total)