Viewing 15 posts - 18,016 through 18,030 (of 59,098 total)
It's not just the "younger generation", whatever that is (they're all younger than me lately). Going back to the interviews I've been conducting, there are people of all generations...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2016 at 11:09 am
I've got a pretty good and uber simple process for doing such things. I use it to replace nearly 500 address parts and it's nasty fast. I'll try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2016 at 11:04 am
Gary Varga (3/30/2016)
RP1966 (3/30/2016)
...I always loved the Unix shells - in comparison Powershell is just so clunky and verbose...
I think that you might benefit a lot from the aliases which...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2016 at 10:55 am
Please explain why you want the last second of the month. Is it because you think that's the way to get everything for a given month? If not,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2016 at 9:08 pm
dopydb (3/29/2016)
Excellent ! it seems one of our applications are leaving residual transactions open that will never be killed of until sql would be rebooted!mal
THAT needs to be fixed. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2016 at 8:33 am
From the article:
...[font="Arial Black"]is especially apparent in Azure [/font]and online interfaces where the control, or the browser, might not respond as quickly as I expect.
Sounds to me like dexterity isn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 8:50 pm
gaktheknife (3/28/2016)
We currently do not have an on premise DBA we have a DBA Service that monitors our Databases now. I did not set the service up but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Ah... sorry... didn't realize this was a post from nearly 2 years ago and the OP hasn't logged in since 2015-11-12.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Lynn Pettis (3/28/2016)
Jeff Moden (3/28/2016)
Tamrak (3/28/2016)
Thank you very much.Do you actually understand HOW it works?
Probably not, but then he hasn't told us how he will be using it either.
That's why...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Heh... and they say the Quirky Update method is complicated. :blink:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Tamrak (3/28/2016)
Thank you very much.
Do you actually understand HOW it works?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Tamrak (3/28/2016)
With cteMonths
as (
select DATEADD(s, -1, DATEADD(m, DATEDIFF(m, 0, GETDATE())-12, 0)) AS ReportMonth, row_number()...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Luis Cazares (3/28/2016)
Jeff Moden (3/28/2016)
Luis Cazares (3/28/2016)
I'm guessing that Jeff is thinking on taking a similar path to this, but wants to be sure about the possible restrictions.
Exactly. And,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 8:52 am
kocheese (3/28/2016)
AH. I gotcha now and see what you are saying / doing. Makes sense now. Thank you for the help. Appreciate it
And now you know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 8:37 am
Luis Cazares (3/28/2016)
I'm guessing that Jeff is thinking on taking a similar path to this, but wants to be sure about the possible restrictions.
Exactly. And, there's some pretty nifty...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2016 at 8:31 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,016 through 18,030 (of 59,098 total)