Viewing 15 posts - 17,926 through 17,940 (of 59,098 total)
It sounds like someone may have some code that's causing connection leaks and that has killed the machine at one time or another and so have decided to kill old...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Totally off subject...
I'm still amazed when I see something like this. 472 bytes of I/O for the XML to get 52 bytes of info, including the header for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 7:07 pm
shane.corley (4/8/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 6:31 pm
salardx (4/9/2016)
assume we have two tables with the following design:

their callAnum and callBnum are easily joinable, however, their callGDatetime shows different values
I need to join these 2 tables based...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 12:13 pm
Beatrix Kiddo (4/8/2016)
I've only done it using Active Directory
Ooooooo.... I'd love to see that! Got any code you could share? And, no... it doesn't have to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 12:01 pm
GPO (4/8/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 9, 2016 at 10:04 am
For those that use the "single unit" style of XML in their databases and want to use Stretch Databases to store historical data, you'll have to pick some other data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 8:35 pm
GilaMonster (4/8/2016)
How many here have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 8:27 pm
Gary Varga (4/8/2016)
Has Jeff just been caught out by his old favourite "it depends"?
Heh... I hope not because I'm pretty much against storing it even as a "single unit" blob...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 7:38 pm
Phil Factor (4/8/2016)
The sin or smell is, surely, in packing several items of data into a single data type.
Precisely.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 7:20 pm
John Rowan (4/8/2016)
Jeff Moden (4/8/2016)
John Rowan (4/7/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/8/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 1:08 pm
John Rowan (4/7/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Yet Another DBA (4/7/2016)
Jeff Moden (4/4/2016)
GPO (4/2/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 8:39 am
Brandie Tarvin (4/8/2016)
We've been working on this for almost 8 hours now and we've started to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 8, 2016 at 8:35 am
Viewing 15 posts - 17,926 through 17,940 (of 59,098 total)