Viewing 15 posts - 17,281 through 17,295 (of 59,098 total)
You also need to make sure that statistics are up to date on the tables involved and you also need to consider differences in table volume and range(s) of data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 12:54 pm
I'll recommend again that you get a copy of Books Online (BOL for short) and use it. It clearly stated under the TEXT datatype that it is what has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 11:53 am
asutorius (7/15/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 15, 2016 at 11:11 am
Alan.B (7/12/2016)
CELKO (7/12/2016)
-1 is a wonderful answer.
To what? Who are you trying to communicate with here?
Mixed systems (those with more than one language embedded in each other) are always...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2016 at 8:47 pm
See this article (http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/61539/) for why Eirikur says "for small data sets". And it doesn't take many rows for the problem to become HUGE.
I don't, however, see this problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 7:01 pm
Alan.B (7/13/2016)
CELKO (7/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 3:14 pm
ChrisM@Work (10/12/2012)
nitin.varshney (10/12/2012)
Please tell me which is better for the performance impact ?
1. Insert into #temp table Using the cross join with tables.
2. Insert into #temp table using the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 2:32 pm
NineIron (7/13/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 1:34 pm
Alan.B (2/25/2016)
The NTally Inline Table Valued Function
N-I-I-I-I-C-E! Great documentation, too!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 1:12 pm
paolobianchi (7/13/2016)
i have a problem on an application.
Details:
Table AAA, about 500 records, not growing
Many users (about 100) make a read from this table, many times (about 120 times for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2016 at 10:22 am
douglashwilliams (7/12/2016)
I have a table that contains a set of rows, where each row can represent a query to run. I have an ETL process that I can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2016 at 6:41 pm
wendy elizabeth (7/12/2016)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2016 at 5:32 pm
DarthBurrito (7/12/2016)
This works out perfectly. Thanks!
Since you're the one that will have to maintain it, do you understand it... perfectly?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2016 at 5:25 pm
HappyGeek (7/11/2016)
quentin.harris (7/8/2016)
It seems to be a life...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2016 at 4:47 pm
shogunSQL (7/12/2016)
I think I got it now. By replaceing ® sign where Char(10) is, The ® sign is used as a trick...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 12, 2016 at 4:14 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 17,281 through 17,295 (of 59,098 total)