Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,797 total)
Brandie, DBAPool solves ALL his database problems with judicious application of firepower and violence! LoL
October 1, 2026 at 10:59 am
Well, I feel good about those odds then. 😀
Never hurts to ask, considering the higher-higher-ups are probably going to wait at least another 2 weeks for the new fiscal to...
September 25, 2026 at 8:31 pm
So, with the Seattle Data Summit being moved to what (might) be a smaller venue, what're the chances of the tickets selling out in the next 3-4 weeks?
September 25, 2026 at 12:39 pm
My thought process on automating something generally falls into the "how often do I do this / use this vs how hard is it to rewrite from memory / do...
September 21, 2026 at 6:08 pm
Honestly based on your reply, frederico_fonseca has it right, the query is trying to pull ALL the remote table(s) through the link before doing any filtering. I'm basing this on...
September 18, 2026 at 5:18 pm
Without more information on the setup of the two prod servers (DW and remote / linked server,) anything I suggest is based on an educated(ish) guess, so keep that in...
September 18, 2026 at 1:39 pm
The one work task I'd love an AI to tackle unfortunately has a LOT of items that either I'd have to "pre-document" so it could fill in the answer, or...
September 18, 2026 at 1:27 pm
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and...
September 18, 2026 at 1:15 pm
DISCLAIMER: The following response was AI-generated as a way to help make my point!!!!
That anxiety about the "synthetic data feedback loop" is completely valid, as model collapse from consuming...
August 28, 2026 at 1:08 pm
I may have a lot of gripes about some of my workplaces' policies, but at least one of them isn't "everyone has admin." Now, do I feel the developers have...
August 26, 2026 at 10:59 am
IF I can get the time / funds, I'll definitely go with the new VMs (and migrate to a newer SQL as well,) but my concern is higher management is...
August 19, 2026 at 3:06 pm
Man reading the comments and editorial here was a blast from the past. Just looking at the price difference of a 2.5TB SSD from then ($25k per the editorial) to...
August 18, 2026 at 11:57 am
I saw a meme this morning that rather fits with some of the editorial...
The "Museum of Meaningless Metrics," with the curator standing by a display saying "Our newest exhibit." The...
August 12, 2026 at 1:16 pm
One of the problems with letting an "AI" make the sort of decisions as the article listed is, the "AI" is no better than GIGO. Sure, you could craft your...
August 7, 2026 at 5:29 pm
Well, the building I work in was constructed back around 1941-42 or so and I'm pretty sure the windows are still the originals (they OPEN!) which means they seal about...
July 16, 2026 at 6:05 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,797 total)