Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 22,227 total)
Why not take a backup, transfer that, restore it? I'm lazy too.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 4, 2023 at 1:19 pm
Just remember, Managed Instance is a SQL Server instance. The server aspects are gone, so no worries about that. However, all the internals are still there. So, database consistency, that's...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 4, 2023 at 1:15 pm
I don't have an answer or even a guess. Hang on though. I'll see if I can get some help.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 4, 2023 at 12:31 pm
What you're seeing there is the internal server name. It's not actually a database, but the VM on which your databases are running. I don't have all the internals access...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 3, 2023 at 12:41 pm
Instead of quoting the column names - I would recommend changing the names to something else. For example:
plan_name instead of [Plan]
total_count instead of [Count]
total_amount_dollars instead of [Amount ($)]
Makes it...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 2, 2023 at 12:07 pm
Are there constraints on the tables you're inserting to? I'm with everyone else, not enough information to make a single suggestion, not even a guess.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
May 2, 2023 at 12:05 pm
So, I did a little experiment with ChatGPT. I'd strongly exercise caution using it.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Also, all previous recordings from all previous Summits are on Youtube. Well, all Summits that had recordings available. I think it only goes back a few years to 2017.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2023 at 1:05 pm
Be real, real cautious about using ChatGPT for any tuning advice. I was testing it out asking questions and it gets a lot of stuff badly wrong. I mean, very...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2023 at 1:02 pm
Here's all the recordings from the 2021 virtual event. That'll give you some idea. Otherwise, I'd suggest using the Wayback Machine and seeing if that shows last year's...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 10, 2023 at 12:53 pm
Several different things reset that information. It's part of why when someone says they're looking to remove unused indexes, I suggest caution when referencing that stuff as a way of...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 6, 2023 at 10:58 am
This sounds like homework. Is this homework? In which case, I'll help where you have problems with the work you've done. Please note the tricky phrase, the work you've done....
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 5, 2023 at 5:55 pm
I did attempt to import your bacpac, ...
I'll likely never make the attempt on these forums because it's not permanent to this forum. If it goes away, any...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pm
I did attempt to import your bacpac, but I don't think it's configured correctly:
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Resources.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The located...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 5, 2023 at 1:31 pm
You need to backup the certificate. Microsoft lays it out right here.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 5, 2023 at 1:26 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 22,227 total)