Viewing 15 posts - 4,786 through 4,800 (of 22,227 total)
Solomon Rutzky (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be able...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 8:07 am
Technical question:
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be able to script these exports...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 7:43 am
Just checked. I've got a list about 3-4 times as long as that, plus those objects. I suspect you might be experiencing a bug of some sort.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 6:51 am
Jeff Moden (4/28/2016)
river1 (4/27/2016)
I have a proc running every day that reorg/rebuild indexes. If reorg then also updates the stats
Ah, careful now. Specifically, REORG does NOT rebuild stats. ...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 6:46 am
I've reformatted the code so that it's readable:
SELECT POC.[Prod_ Order No_],
CASE WHEN POC.Status = 1 THEN 'Planned'
...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 2:45 am
It just means that on a given server, the DLL and EXE files that make up the behavior of SQL Server can, for the most part, be installed once, and...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 2:36 am
river1 (4/27/2016)
I have a proc running every day that reorg/rebuild indexes. If reorg then also updates the stats
It still sounds like the stats are getting stale. If the statistics get...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 2:33 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/27/2016)
tindog (4/27/2016)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 10:26 am
Mark Cowne (4/27/2016)
Finally got a chance to go this year - doing Wednesday to Saturday.
Track me down and say Hello. I get there Thursday afternoon (assuming the trains work).
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 10:25 am
Thanks for reporting back. Glad what I said was helpful.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 8:20 am
I would follow the recommendation from Jonathan Kehayias[/url].
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 7:42 am
SQL Server will use every bit of RAM that you give it (assuming you have enough data to fill the cache).
For a good calculation of how much RAM you should...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 7:41 am
rodjkidd (4/27/2016)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/26/2016)
rodjkidd (4/26/2016)
TomThomson (4/26/2016)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/26/2016)
See you there, and...
you have a car? I thought everyone in the UK just used trains.
Trains? ...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 3:43 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/26/2016)
rodjkidd (4/26/2016)
TomThomson (4/26/2016)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/26/2016)
See you there, and...
you have a car? I thought everyone in the UK just used trains.
Trains? UK...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 27, 2016 at 3:42 am
GilaMonster (4/26/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/26/2016)
GilaMonster (4/26/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/26/2016)
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 26, 2016 at 11:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,786 through 4,800 (of 22,227 total)