Viewing 15 posts - 4,771 through 4,785 (of 22,227 total)
Just a follow up on my other post (and apologies for bring tech & real work into the Thread, but you guys have the answers so I may as well...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 8:06 am
2gb index for a 1mb table... yeah, that might be a problem. 2gb index for a 200gb table. Who cares.
There's nothing bad or good saying an index is X size....
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 8:00 am
Your limits are the same as they would be if it was a client application calling the database. INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE will cause blocking. SELECT with poor or improper code can lead...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 7:58 am
I would look at the wait stats and top running queries over the same period of time for the spike.
It looks like you're using SQL Monitor. You can use...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 7:54 am
You say you're going to a single record, but are you actually putting everything into one column? If so, why. That's not what a relational database management system is designed...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 7:51 am
Identify the query or queries that are taking a long time.
Observe their locking, blocking and wait statistics behaviors. That might tell you what's wrong.
Look at their execution plans. That might...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 7:48 am
TomThomson (4/28/2016)
Jeff Moden (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 4:39 am
N_Muller (4/28/2016)
Or is it a hit and miss in terms of queries that perform poorly.
I'll just pile on and agree.
The main issues I've seen are with multi-statement, table-valued, functions where...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 29, 2016 at 4:38 am
It does depend on the reserve word and the behavior within SQL Server. So, while today, any given word might not cause a problem, tomorrow...
I would avoid as best I...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Please don't cross post between forums. Most of us read all of them. Having the same question in more than one location leads to confused answers and repetition.
No more answers...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 10:18 am
Without any other information, yeah, I'd agree. It's likely that it's the cardinality estimator.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 10:16 am
Brandie Tarvin (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)
Brandie Tarvin (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)[/b]
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 10:00 am
Brandie Tarvin (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)[/b]
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be able...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 8:34 am
ChrisM@Work (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be able to...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 8:08 am
Brandie Tarvin (4/28/2016)
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2016)
I want to export large amounts of data. However, I don't want to use SSIS. I'm going to use SQLCMD.EXE. I need to be able...
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
- Theodore Roosevelt
Author of:
SQL Server Execution Plans
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
April 28, 2016 at 8:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,771 through 4,785 (of 22,227 total)