Viewing 15 posts - 4,501 through 4,515 (of 7,185 total)
May 25, 2012 at 1:47 am
I'm afraid I've never worked with Oracle. Is there anything in the Oracle syntax that allows an explicit conversion to an Int32-equivalent type?
John
May 23, 2012 at 7:27 am
Jim
You need to do more than set the value of a variable in T-SQL. You need to get it into an SSIS variable. The best way of doing...
May 23, 2012 at 4:04 am
Bryan
Does the user test_acc\SYSTEM have access to the server? Is the server configured to log failed logins? If so, what errors are appearing in the errorlog?
John
Edit: just...
May 23, 2012 at 3:08 am
Yes, you can. But I'm afraid I can't do that for you - it'll depend on your exact requirements. I use SSIS for stuff like that. You'll...
May 23, 2012 at 2:59 am
No. There are three things that can happen:
(1) The restore fails, in which case you know it hasn't worked.
(2) The restore succeeds but DBCC CHECKDB highlights issue, in which...
May 23, 2012 at 1:49 am
You'll want to test before you make any changes that affect all operations on the server. You could end up breaking something else. It may be safer just...
May 22, 2012 at 6:39 am
Just put that code above into a job step and run it. I think you can configure the job to save its output to a file in case there...
May 22, 2012 at 5:52 am
That's another option, but it has the disadvantage that you still need the vendor to send you back the whole database instead of just a script. I'd be interested...
May 21, 2012 at 4:51 am
That means the live database is out of action all the time the third party is looking at the copy of it. Do your users accept that? If...
May 21, 2012 at 4:34 am
forever20xx (5/20/2012)
Firstly, via SQL Central Administration -> Operations -> backup & Restore -> Sharepoint Farm Backup -> Full Backup
Secondly, via the SQL...
May 21, 2012 at 1:45 am
Backup and restore does not rebuild indexes. The only way it may help is by reducing physical fragmentation, but, conversely, it may also increase it. My advice would...
May 18, 2012 at 4:58 am
OK, thanks for posting back. Turns out that you were specifying the same physical file twice in the same RESTORE statement.
John
May 18, 2012 at 4:22 am
forever20xx (5/17/2012)
May 18, 2012 at 1:42 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,501 through 4,515 (of 7,185 total)