Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 7,185 total)
The plot thickens. I followed the link that Dwain posted but there was nothing in the terms and conditions about stored procedures.
I shudder to imagine how you go about...
May 17, 2012 at 4:16 am
Well, that isn't the only resource available. I'm sure your search engine works just as well as mine does.
Are you using a format file? That's the way to...
May 17, 2012 at 4:00 am
That's interesting. What exactly are BT hosting? Is it the database? Is it a database that you wrote, or one that they have provided for you? ...
May 17, 2012 at 3:47 am
There's tons of information about this on the web. Here's an example:
John
May 17, 2012 at 3:08 am
I'm staggered. How can it be more secure to have to grant access to all tables and views for querying, instead of just execute permission on the stored procedures?...
May 17, 2012 at 3:04 am
If that works for you, then that's the simplest thing to do and you should keep doing it. But rebuilding indexes can cause significant log file activity and so...
May 17, 2012 at 2:45 am
MySQL isn't exactly the same as SQL Server, I'm afraid. You'll need to get a more appropriate book, or find some way of translating MySQL code into T-SQL.
I still...
May 17, 2012 at 2:39 am
See that error number 64? If you go to a command prompt and type net helpmsg 64, you'll get a description of what the error means. In this...
May 17, 2012 at 2:37 am
One thing you could try, depending on how often you rebuild your indexes, is to stop the log shipping jobs before the rebuild starts, then restore the whole database on...
May 17, 2012 at 2:14 am
Are you sure the database is SQL Server? That query has a few pieces of syntax that I don't recognise. Just as a matter of interest, why and...
May 17, 2012 at 2:07 am
Please start a new thread. People are less likely to be looking at a seven-year old topic than a new one.
John
May 17, 2012 at 1:32 am
That isn't an error, it's a CREATE DATABASE statement. Is that what you get when you press the Script button in the Restore Database window? No RESTORE statement?
Now,...
May 16, 2012 at 9:09 am
So are you saying that if you look on the disk, the file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\BGPhoenix.mdf doesn't exist? If that's the case, then I imagine you're trying to...
May 16, 2012 at 8:39 am
There must be another database that's using the same physical file names. Use the WITH MOVE clause as the error message suggests, and it should work.
John
May 16, 2012 at 8:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 7,185 total)