Viewing 15 posts - 4,486 through 4,500 (of 7,185 total)
Craig
Does the database have the same name in each case? Why not write an sp_detach_db script that your people can execute on each server? To make it even...
May 30, 2012 at 9:07 am
Hugo Kornelis (5/30/2012)
John Mitchell-245523 (5/30/2012)
I must admit I'm surprised that having SET XACT_ABORT OFF is the default.
I am not. I prefer to be able to handle my errors myself; SET...
May 30, 2012 at 8:49 am
Craig
Probably the easiest way (especially if you are going to do this more than once) is to create an SSIS package to loop through all the servers and detach the...
May 30, 2012 at 8:08 am
I must admit I'm surprised that having SET XACT_ABORT OFF is the default. I take the point that READ COMMITTED breaks the rules of isolation anyway, but I find...
May 30, 2012 at 7:41 am
Right, if it's still not working then run the package in Visual Studio and watch for where it fails. You can then concentrate your investigation in the correct place....
May 29, 2012 at 4:54 am
2)advance editor for ole db destionation -----input.output tab---external columns
-----data type :dt_str
lenght--1
Did you change this as well? You need to go through your whole data flow and make sure that...
May 29, 2012 at 4:40 am
Jim
Connect to the Integration Services server in SSMS, expand the list of running packages, and stop the one that is over-running.
Edit: that's not the best way of doing it on...
May 29, 2012 at 2:32 am
There's your problem, then. You're trying to fit 255 characters in a char(1) column. The column in your table needs to be varchar(255) and the columns in your...
May 29, 2012 at 2:22 am
What is the longest string in column 2 of your text file?
John
May 29, 2012 at 2:05 am
Yes, open, convert, save.
There may well be a quicker method, but I'm not aware of it. The internet is a great resource for stuff like this, if you choose...
May 28, 2012 at 1:38 am
The account that runs SQL Server needs read permission on the folder that contains the file you're importing from.
John
May 28, 2012 at 1:33 am
You mean a mapped drive - N:\MyFolder, where N: is mapped to \\MyServer\MyShare? Better to use a UNC, since the code will be executed in the context of the...
May 25, 2012 at 9:57 am
This is the line you need to change:
SET @bcpCommand = @bcpCommand + '''' + @assetNumber + ''''
John
May 25, 2012 at 9:50 am
Open them up in Visual Studio 2008, wait for them to be converted, then save them to msdb on your 2008 server.
John
May 25, 2012 at 9:11 am
The best thing to do is to set up a disk as a clustered resource in the same group as your instance. That way, if SQL Server fails over,...
May 25, 2012 at 8:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,486 through 4,500 (of 7,185 total)