Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,471 through 4,485 (of 7,185 total)

  • RE: Shrinking Databases

    I would recommend that you investigate how much free space you have inside each database before going ahead with this. If your files are full, this isn't going to...

  • RE: correct the code

    Lynn Pettis (5/31/2012)


    There is no need for the from clause.

    Unless, for some bizarre reason, he wants those figures repeated as many times as the function returns rows.

    John

  • RE: correct the code

    Thanks Lynn. I saw those other threads... just thought I'd try this once. If I don't get the required information, I shan't be asking again.

    John

  • RE: correct the code

    Please post the whole of your code, including the parts where @temp1 and @ReportData are declared. Please also post the definition of dbo.fRealizedGainLoss and any table definitions and sample...

  • RE: Unable to start SQL Agent service

    You should try to help yourself, and post back if you come across anything you don't understand. I bet that if you typed "How to rename SQL Server" into...

  • RE: Unable to start SQL Agent service

    I've just noticed that you said the server is not in a domain. I think that's your problem - it sounds as if you're trying to run SQL Server...

  • RE: can we compress any file throgh SQL Server

    Phani

    Sure. If you have WinZip or another such utility installed, you can use xp_cmdshell, which you can also use for the COMPRESS command if you have the Windows Resource...

  • RE: Unable to start SQL Agent service

    I've seen that SSPI error occur when a Windows password has recently expired or been changed.

    Also, please will you check that the time of your most recent SQLAgent.OUT file coincides...

  • RE: script to backup and detach a db

    craighenderson (5/31/2012)


    Can I not just attach the mdf to an instance of SQL Express elsewhere? I'm sure I've done this in the past.

    As far as I'm aware, you can,...

  • RE: script to backup and detach a db

    craighenderson (5/31/2012)


    I really only want the data from the PC - and to make sure it isnt accessible on the PC anymore

    In which case, you will indeed need to detach...

  • RE: script to backup and detach a db

    But then you still have the database online when you restart SQL Server. Wasn't the idea of the exercise to detach it? If you just want a copy...

  • RE: script to backup and detach a db

    Craig

    You may need to use the -S parameter in sqlcmd to specify the server, if you use named instances or non-default ports.

    John

  • RE: Transactions 3

    Wow! Took a while to get my head round that, but when I did, it made sense. An INSERT statement has to succeed or fail as a whole,...

  • RE: The Beer Cooler Thread

    The phrase "beer cooler" is anathema to me, since 90% of beers worth drinking here in the UK are served at room temperature (or certainly no colder than cellar temperature)....

  • RE: Transactions 3

    OK, thanks for all the replies. Plenty to think about here.

    Hugo Kornelis (5/30/2012)


    The keywords in this statement are "all of its data modifications". I interpret this as "everything that...

Viewing 15 posts - 4,471 through 4,485 (of 7,185 total)