The Beer Cooler Thread

• My favorite beer is Killian's Irish Red because it's a real red ale, not some cheapo beer that's been colored red.

I like dark beer, so my other favorites are Guinness Stout and Heineken Special Dark.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• I don't usually cook with beer (I'd rather drink it), but here's a recipe for Chocolate Bacon and Beer Chili that turned out pretty darned well.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Koen Verbeeck (5/30/2012)

I believe we call it "water" 😀

That's an insult to water.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Hi Cliff,

Cliff Jones (5/30/2012)

I like a home brewed double chocolate stout made using a kit from the Home Brewery.

That sounds like it would make a terrific Beer Float[/url].

Peter MaloofServing Data

• I have to say I'm enjoying Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer at the moment, but my best thing to drink of late is Hoegaarden Rose

• I have to say I'm enjoying Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer at the moment

+10000 !! 😀

I'm quite fond of Banana Bread Beer - Sounds a bit unusual but it works!

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Attachment11661.aspx">

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Andy Hyslop (5/31/2012)

I have to say I'm enjoying Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer at the moment

+10000 !! 😀

I'm quite fond of Banana Bread Beer - Sounds a bit unusual but it works!

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Attachment11661.aspx">

Andy

Ah yeah, I have seen that in Asda (Wall-mart for the US people) but not tried it yet as I've been purchasing my alcohol from Makro as Crabbies is a bit cheaper than Asda and you get a 12 pack case instead of the 8 pack case for a few quid extra.

• Crabbies is a bit cheaper than Asda and you get a 12 pack case instead of the 8 pack case for a few quid extra

I think I see a trip to Asda on my lunch comming up today! 😀

Edit: misread your post Doh thought you said it was cheaper in Asda 🙁

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Andy Hyslop (5/31/2012)

Crabbies is a bit cheaper than Asda and you get a 12 pack case instead of the 8 pack case for a few quid extra

I think I see a trip to Asda on my lunch comming up today! 😀

Other way round, think its £12 at Asda for 8 bottles of Crabbies, but its £15 at Marko for 12 bottles, so works out cheaper to purchase from Makro than Asda.

But I know that Banana Bread is at Asda, usually they have a multi-buy deal on with ales.

Edit - Doh to fast replying to see your edit.

• There is a Makro near by on the way home so I'll be making a short detour tonight I think 😉

• Are you self employed? If so you will need to take a recent correspondence from HMRC in or something along time lines to register for a tradecard to shop in store, otherwise you can only shop online.

• anthony.green (5/31/2012)

Are you self employed? If so you will need to take a recent correspondence from HMRC in or something along time lines to register for a tradecard to shop in store, otherwise you can only shop online.

Ahh I've never shopped at Makro before, I see you need to be in business or authorised to buy on behalf of a business.

Nope I'm employed and I can't see the organisation getting me a Makro card to buy alcohol 😉

Ahh well I guess I'm just going to have to set up a business then;-)

• Just register as self employed on HMRC, can setup as a sole trader, you will get a bill every 6 months to pay self employed NI contributions on top of your existing NI contributions from your employer (around £140 a year), and will need to fill in a tax return every year (not that difficult to fill in).

I started my own sole trader business doing a few odd jobs for people, also I use PeoplePerHour.com to see whats about to top up the pay packet as it were, but like you I'm employed as well.

• The phrase "beer cooler" is anathema to me, since 90% of beers worth drinking here in the UK are served at room temperature (or certainly no colder than cellar temperature). I'll drink nearly anything that comes out of a cask, and I'm not snobbish about where it comes from, either - I've sampled fine ales from Cornwall to Cumbria.

I also like tasting beers when I go to different countries, especially in Eastern Europe - I found very good examples in Latvia, the Czech Republic and Slovenia. Belgium is, of course, in a class of its own - I always head to the bar (I can never remember its name) in Antwerp that sells 100 different beers. My favourites are Delirium Tremens, for a single tipple, or Palm for a session beer.

John

• I will second that John, last selection I had was at the local beer festival http://www.beer-festival.co.uk/, had a very good range of cask, other than that not really much good CAMRA pubs around town apart from Weatherspoons.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply