Viewing 15 posts - 4,396 through 4,410 (of 7,185 total)
OK, so it works under Local System, which means it can't be pointing at the wrong location. I'm still guessing that whatever service account you are using doesn't have...
August 20, 2012 at 8:20 am
Didn't realise that, but when I think about it, it makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, Gail.
John
August 20, 2012 at 6:43 am
There are no entries in SQLAGENT.OUT when it starts.
Do you mean there is no file created, or that a blank file is created? Check that the location for the...
August 20, 2012 at 6:08 am
Gail's point about shrinking the log was going to be my next question. But if you have a good reason for doing this, you need to check that the...
August 20, 2012 at 5:54 am
That's a strange restriction. Are you at liberty to explain? One way round it is to grant INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE on the schema(s) that contain your tables.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187940.aspx
John
August 20, 2012 at 5:47 am
Not sure I understand this. Can you not just query sys.databases?
John
August 20, 2012 at 5:41 am
Rajesh
As far as I know, you can't have the same SQL Server job running more than once at any one time. If you are only ever going to need...
August 20, 2012 at 4:54 am
Adam Seniuk (8/16/2012)
August 16, 2012 at 8:36 am
If there's no primary key, there's no reliable way of preventing duplicates. The first thing to do is to import from your text file into a staging table, and...
August 16, 2012 at 5:24 am
Jeff Moden (8/10/2012)
August 10, 2012 at 9:08 am
I think someone wrote an article about this problem. Search this site for "gaps and islands" and you should find it.
John
August 9, 2012 at 5:55 am
(Bob Brown) (8/9/2012)
STUPID QUESTION: Don't BEFORE triggers fire before AFTER triggers? Is number 2 totally wrong?
I think the point is that there's no such thing as...
August 9, 2012 at 5:50 am
If you have a blank (''), then you want to lose the CHAR(10) so that you don't end up with a blank line, so use a CASE expression to deal...
August 9, 2012 at 4:58 am
My apologies. I performed a visual inspection but didn't actually test it. Try it with '11 Village Green' and 'Greenford' instead.
John
August 8, 2012 at 4:22 am
Yes, that works for the sample data provided (although the cursor isn't necessary) but what happens when you have '11 High Street' and 'Chester-le-Street' as your address1 and address2?
I think...
August 8, 2012 at 3:56 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,396 through 4,410 (of 7,185 total)