Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 7,185 total)
As Chris says, nobody's laughing or joking - just trying to talk you out of what would be a bad idea.
Is the "Lead" you refer to a technical lead? ...
August 23, 2012 at 4:52 am
Thanks Gail. If anyone else is reading this and is struggling with it as much as I was, here's a full discussion:
http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/KIMBERLY/post/UnderstandingDuplicateIndexes.aspx
John
August 23, 2012 at 3:40 am
GilaMonster (8/23/2012)
"Each index row contains the nonclustered key value, a row locator and any included,...
August 23, 2012 at 2:30 am
opc.three (8/22/2012)
August 23, 2012 at 1:46 am
GilaMonster (8/22/2012)
August 22, 2012 at 9:43 am
Juanita
Can I just clarify - are both indexes on the same single column?
To answer your question, I think you need to assume that one of the indexes was created unique...
August 22, 2012 at 9:17 am
You won't get any performance improvement from doing this, and will just end up with a load of objects you don't need. I advise you not to do it.
If...
August 22, 2012 at 1:49 am
Don't use Profiler. Set up a server-side trace. It uses less resource than Profiler.
John
August 21, 2012 at 8:11 am
Did you restart the Integration Services service after making the change? Is the SQL Browser service running? Do you have a named instance, or a default instance? ...
August 21, 2012 at 7:37 am
Could be to do with your config file. Have a look at this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137789.aspx
John
August 21, 2012 at 7:19 am
You need to add extra logic to the CREATE LOGIN section of your script to obtain the SID of the new (or existing) login. Then, in the CREATE USER...
August 21, 2012 at 7:11 am
Doug
Are you saying you clear out the log before you do the restore, or after? There's no point in doing so before, since the restore operation will plonk an...
August 21, 2012 at 1:47 am
Still makes me think it's permissions. When you start the service interactively like that, it runs in the context of the account you're logged in as, not the service...
August 21, 2012 at 1:38 am
In that case, I'm stuck. I would recommend that you get hold of a utility by Microsoft (I think it's called sysinternals) and run it while you're attempting to...
August 20, 2012 at 8:59 am
There are only two reasons I can think of for this:
(1) Another full backup was taken between the first full backup and the differential
(2) The differential backup is actually a...
August 20, 2012 at 8:38 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,381 through 4,395 (of 7,185 total)