Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 7,185 total)
No, you don't need to iterate or use temporary tables. All you need is a fairly simple GROUP BY query. Please give it a try, and post back...
August 8, 2012 at 2:57 am
Satish
The first thing you should do (even before you post on a forum like this) is to type that error message into your favourite search engine and see if you...
August 7, 2012 at 8:47 am
Satish
How did you create the SATISH account? Is it a SQL account or a Windows account? What message is appearing in the SQL errorlog when you get the...
August 7, 2012 at 6:08 am
Satish
Log in as Administrator and create a login for your own user account. Then log in with that user account and connect to SQL Server.
John
August 7, 2012 at 4:20 am
The performance object is called SQLServer:User Settable and the counter is called Query. I can't remember how you get the query into the system and I'm afraid I don't have...
July 27, 2012 at 8:51 am
Maybe I'm using the wrong name - it's actually called Performance on my machine. It's what you referred to as PerfMon. Sorry, I should have checked before posting.
John
July 27, 2012 at 8:24 am
If I remember correctly, you can create a customer counter in System Monitor with your own query.
John
July 27, 2012 at 8:06 am
Back up the tail of your transaction log.
Restore your database from the most recent good backup, with NORECOVERY.
Restore the transaction logs up to the point immediately before the corruption occurred.
Recover...
July 27, 2012 at 8:04 am
Anthony
Just declare a variable and concatenate in one single SELECT statement, something like this (not tested):
SET @MyVariable = ''
SELECT @MyVariable = @MyVariable + ', ' + MyColumn
FROM MyTable
ORDER BY MyKeyColumn
--...
July 26, 2012 at 8:26 am
You can answer your question yourself. Click on the Include Actual Execution Plan button and run your query. Inspect the plan to see which of the indexes were...
July 20, 2012 at 3:16 am
Is this homework? What have you tried so far?
John
July 20, 2012 at 2:22 am
Make sure you qualify the table name with the schema name. You'll find that in the results from INFORMATION_SCHEMA_TABLES.
John
July 19, 2012 at 5:01 am
Yes, and the name of the beer wasn't the only pun. There was something in the description about COUNTing the DISTICT flavours, and so on.
Don't get me started on...
July 16, 2012 at 2:27 am
I can recommend Select Star ale from Redgate, as served at SQL in the City on Friday. I think it's made in a brewery in Essex that I hadn't...
July 16, 2012 at 1:57 am
My advice is to save yourself a world of pain, and restrict names of databases, objects, columns etc to alphanumeric characters and underscores.
John
July 11, 2012 at 7:11 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 7,185 total)