Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,601 through 9,615 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: DDL Triggers - Search for a solution

    I've added feedback to Microsoft's site.  If anyone would like to vote on the issue it's located at: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=283525

    Issue ID 283525 and titled "DDL Triggers do not restrict sp_AddRoleMember".

    Thanks...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DDL Triggers - Search for a solution

    The situation is that some of the Developers have access to a SQL Server login with DB_Owner permissions (and password) so they can give our application access to a specific database.  And since the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DDL Triggers - Search for a solution

    Thing is, I don't want to just monitor them.  I want to prevent anyone from using them and record the efforts of those who try to add users to roles. ...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DDL Triggers - Search for a solution

    Oh, I forgot to mention that I did indeed add log code (as you can see above), but the code didn't log anything even when the trigger did work correctly.

    Maybe...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: DDL Triggers - Search for a solution

    Steve,

    Since I posted my problem, I've actually tested the sp_adduser event against my triggers and the triggers do indeed work against that even though I'm a sysAdmin.  They just don't...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Burnt Out

    Loner,

    I'm glad we could help.  From what you've just posted, it seems you're in a lose-lose situation.  Personal life stress has crossed into work stress and work stress has crossed...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Burnt Out

    Gift,

    I'm also a woman in IT, but that doesn't mean I believe exercise solves all problems.  Being an ex-athlete, I won't disagree that it helps.  I can't get through a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Burnt Out

    Now there's a thought that never occurred to me.  And it should have considering how many chronic & manic depressives I know.  Chronic / Clinical Depression is one thing I...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Burnt Out

    Ouch.  Now that's a good point.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Time for a Katmai forum?

    What part of Katmai isn't working in the other versions of Vista?  Client tools or server?

    I can see the server not working in Vista because Vista is a PC OS...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Index Sorting

    Wow.  All the times I did index creation and I never saw it. 

    Huh, the things you learn when you do a "start from scratch" cert studying experience. @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: I''''m published!!!

    The first story was "Just My Luck" in the Transformers: Legends anthology (editor: David Cian) published by iBooks in November 2004.  Unfortunately, the company's founder died and the iBooks itself went out...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: MCTS 70-431

    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't TestKing accused of being a dump a few years ago?

     

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: I''''m published!!!

    I don't think it's bad. @=)  Head over to http://www.popcornPress.com and click the "Brand New" link on the right.  The book is available as a softcover or in ebook...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Database Administration Certification

    I doubt it'll be one book this time around.  MS has been working their pants off trying to make all the certs harder, with lots of simulations and bizarre bits...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 9,601 through 9,615 (of 9,728 total)