Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,836 through 8,850 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: OLEDB source does not see SP CTE Fields

    I don't want to put the entire SQL in my source because of SDLC issues. Every time I have to edit an SSIS package, I have to do all...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Synonym help needed

    It might be. I have to test it.

    Interestingly enough, when setting up Linked SQL Servers in the 2005 GUI, it doesn't allow you to assign a different name than...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Synonym help needed

    This is odd. I could swear I've heard people talk about creating synonyms for their Linked Servers....

    I guess I have more research to do.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Lookup Transformation Case Sensitivity Question

    The things we learn, even when we "think" we know it all. @=)

    Ditto on the thanks, Paul. You're a good source of info.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: xpsmtp80.dll PROBLEMS

    Bill,

    Have you tried the other possible resolutions on this thread already?

    If so, search TechNet (Microsoft's web site). If the ticket was called in and resolved, there might be a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Just another controversial topic

    Wow. I start my best topics when I'm tired. @=) This is such a fun one!

    Beer with me. I Brin trying to remember All-gauer Emmentaler the cheese...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Using UNION ALL before a MERGE JOIN has IsSorted Property Error

    MERGE has the same problem after a UNION ALL. It doesn't think the sources are sorted. And the idea behind using a MERGE JOIN was to compare records...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Using UNION ALL before a MERGE JOIN has IsSorted Property Error

    Thanks for the ideas, guys. I appreciate the input.

    Now I just have to test it.

    [edit] BTW, where exactly is the UNION component that is not a UNION ALL? ...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Lookup Transformation Case Sensitivity Question

    Paul,

    Thank you so much for the link. It is greatly informative. And BOL wasn't the only place I saw the stuff on Full Caching. There are a...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: OLEDB source does not see SP CTE Fields

    Michael,

    Thanks for the redone CTE thing. I'm still learning a lot about these.. But are you able to do a double CTE and still get the fields? Because...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Just another controversial topic

    guh-ROAN!!!!

    @=)

    Good one, though. (hee)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Using UNION ALL before a MERGE JOIN has IsSorted Property Error

    Grrr. That's annoying.

    Do you know of anyway to sort the output of a UNION ALL? I can't find one, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Connection Manager problems with SQL 2000 database and SSIS

    You're welcome. Always glad to help.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: I got burned today at a SQL Server Interview!

    Hey, don't Lab Rats get cheese when they thread the maze correctly?

    Where's mine??? I want CHEDDAR!!!

    @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: I got burned today at a SQL Server Interview!

    Mark,

    What we were willing to do was to tell you not to lie and how to improve your skills so you wouldn't have to lie. Yet you seemed to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 8,836 through 8,850 (of 9,728 total)