Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,506 through 8,520 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: System Center Operations Manager(SCOM)

    Check out this topic in BOL:

    database mirroring [SQL Server]

    It should give you all the details.

    But don't enable it just to get rid of the message. That's bad practice. Only enable...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: dtsrun failed

    I don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but there are specific things you need to do before you can run DTS packages from SQL 2k5....

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Query Timed out error

    When running the query, there are other things you can do too.

    1) Use Profiler on the destination server to see if anything's actually making it to the server

    2) Use sp_who2...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL 2005 DBmail via SMTP server

    And also let us know what the format of your SMTP address is, please. Or give us a dummy value which represents the name of your SMTP address.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: sql 2005 Table limit

    GilaMonster (2/11/2009)


    Krishna (2/11/2009)


    Partition could be benefited if the table is queried heavily for performance reasons

    If can, but the partition function must be chosen very carefully, considering how the table...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Problem with adding datafile, error 1105

    Silly question.

    Have you checked your hard drive available space yet?

    The biggest problem I see regarding this, especially when the error concerns the PRIMARY filegroup, is that either the logical drive...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL 2005 DBmail via SMTP server

    Are you sure you have the proper SMTP server address?

    Check with your messaging team. They might have more details on the nature of the error or be able to help...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: System Center Operations Manager(SCOM)

    When you say that you're getting the error, is it an error that's stopping you from running your job?

    If not, then I think it's more of an informational message. You...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Changing Career Gears

    I'm glad you like it. Good luck with your new career! @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Schema permissions issue

    That's a good question. I'll check.

    I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that there's something in this scenario that the BU in question isn't telling me. Something outside of SQL Server...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Script out Profiler Template?

    Actually, Grant, I didn't know about this Template scripter. Could you give me that too?

    I was going to make due with what I had, but I'd like to look at...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Script out Profiler Template?

    David's information worked.

    I had to create a trace in Profiler with the Template in question (it was a homemade Template). I paused it and scripted it out. Looking at the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Script out Profiler Template?

    Thanks for the link, David! I'll check it out ASAP.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Foreach Loop - Variable Mappings Question

    ArkWare (1/5/2009)


    Brandie,

    Does the "DiffShareFolderName" have any relation to the source "ShareFolder"?

    Nope. As I said in my last post:

    Brandie Tarvin (1/5/2009)


    Also, the ShareFolder name is different between the two UNC...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Foreach Loop - Variable Mappings Question

    Actually, now that I'm examining your code, I don't think that will work for me.

    What I've got is this:

    \\SourceServer\ShareFolder\DB1\DB1_db_200812011600.bak

    \\SourceServer\ShareFolder\MyDatabase\MyDatabase_db_200812011700.bak

    \\SourceServer\ShareFolder\TempDB\TempDB_db_200812011200.bak

    And all files should be copied as:

    \\DestServer\DiffShareFolderName\DB1_db_200812011600.bak

    \\DestServer\DiffShareFolderName\MyDatabase_db_200812011700.bak

    \\DestServer\DiffShareFolderName\TempDB_db_200812011200.bak

    Notice the missing subfolders. Also, the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 8,506 through 8,520 (of 9,728 total)