Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 9,728 total)

  • Reply To: Blob Storage automated downloads

    Grant Fritchey wrote:

    Just know that moving data OUT of Azure costs money.

    I thought just LOOKING at Azure cost money! @=)

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Blob Storage automated downloads

    Thanks, Everyone. Sorry for the slow response. I've been slammed with last moment of the year work.

    Steve, even Microsoft stuff has to go through a testing / peep process here....

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Converting job_id to join to another table.

    Dup post

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Converting job_id to join to another table.

    So to clarify a few things, I used sp_who2 as an example anyone could do. What is really happening is we are logging trace data on blocking events and long-running...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    So on a whim (because health insurance is going to make me take a paycut next year even if I get a raise), I started checking out salary info for...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: To View or not to View, that is the question...

    I'm a little late to the party, but I have plenty of horror stories about nested views. Mostly for the reasons Jo mentions but also troubleshooting problems is a major...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Compare rows within the same table

    So I'm a big fan of SARGability, which means I would take Scott's version and do it with a CTE.

    WITH JobTypes AS (SELECT JobID, MAX(CASE WHEN TaskName...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Now watching Black Arts # 3 and I just have to ask..

    Jeff, where do we get your f'n Tally Function. @=) (j/k).

    But on a serious note, do you have that...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Wow. Just ... WOW. Watched the 1.2. Now going to watch 3.

    Thanks, Jeff.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    So I am doing some major learning today. And here I thought I could take it easy on the week of Turkeys! @=)

    Thank you both. I have already forwarded the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Oh, and can I get a favor? Can everyone to update their posts with the proper spelling of my name? Brandie.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Jeff, thank you for that information. I will research.

    So we are using the Hallogren solution for index maintenace and yes, it involves reorgs. I removed reorgs from the servers I'm...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Jo, I have already read through both links you have provided in this chat. I am looking for white papers beyond this information.

    EDIT: The application team member was very specific...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Michael L John wrote:

    Stop rebuilding indexes.

    Microsoft's documentation states:

    Index maintenance decisions should be made after considering multiple factors in the specific context of each workload, including the resource cost of maintenance. They should...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Recommendations for Update Stats?

    Thank you, everyone, for your input.

    Now would a high-volume OLTP (lots of daily inserts or deletes or both) make a difference in your opinion?

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 9,728 total)