Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 3,391 through 3,405 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    Bhuvnesh (9/24/2013)


    Brandie Tarvin (9/24/2013)


    But it doesn't explain why the second update (which does much the same thing on different columns) is able to use its index. It does an Index...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    Hrmm... You know, you're right. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work in the INCLUDE list...

    Thanks.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL 2008 Developer Edition

    The thing I'm concerned with is R2's extra capabilities. I'm developing stuff, but our environment is all regular 2008 (and the R2 is my personal copy that I have on...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSMS closes without warning during query run

    mar1jxm (9/20/2013)


    I have seen these type of cases when a Query Designer contains a SELECT INTO statement on a big table or it has several general T-SQL statements (IF, DROP...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    GAH. I keep forgetting that I can't create an index on the Extract column because the column is too big.

    I guess I'll have to live with the Key Lookup after...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    mister.magoo (9/20/2013)


    Query 4 is RBAR on acid!

    Tell me about it.

    Triangular join from hell with over 500 billion rows in one section. The comment says you are linking "3" records to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    wolfkillj (9/20/2013)


    In just a quick review of your DDL, I didn't see an index that would cover this query. FIDX_StagingRecID2 comes close but it doesn't include the Extract_RI column.

    *headdesk*...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Backup SQL agent Job

    This is no real best practice. And most people don't worry about the Transaction logs hitting at the "same time" as the Differential or Full backups because they deliberately create...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Parsing a summary / detail flat file

    WayneS (5/13/2013)


    Brandie Tarvin (5/13/2013)


    So, any ideas?

    Brandie, Try this out:

    Wayne, YOU DA MAN!

    I've been fighting a lot of fires lately and the coworker didn't quite understand everything you posted, so it's...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    Here's the UPDATE statement with the Key Lookup. To be honest, it isn't taking very long to run. My biggest issue is with another part of the query. Still, I'd...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execution Plans Question

    GilaMonster (9/20/2013)


    Is that plan with them being run together with other stuff, or them running separately?

    Running together with GO between parts of the statement. I'm about to run the two...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSMS closes without warning during query run

    Sean Pearce (9/20/2013)


    SSMS doesn't like it when it has to print loads of messages.

    Which would explain why it did it after I set Statistics Time and Stitistics IO on AND...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Windows XP Conversion

    Make sure you have a good recovery plan (and lots of backups) in case the upgrade goes wrong. My laptop wasn't an issue because it was my personal sandbox and...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Error message when changing location of share drive in SSIS package

    daniel.carreira (9/20/2013)


    What happens if they are not in the same domain? Which seems to be the case!?

    Then you have domain trust issues. Get with your domain admins and see what...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSMS closes without warning during query run

    It's not doing it all the time, which is what confuses me. And now that I think about it, I did see this behavior with SQL 2005 and 2008 on...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,391 through 3,405 (of 9,728 total)