Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 3,076 through 3,090 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Odd Percentage on Estimated Execution Plan

    Thank you for the link, Grant. There are indeed a lot of variables in this proc. So it sounds like you've hit the nail on the head.

    I'll take a look...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Questioning the effects of 100% CPU usage

    patrickmcginnis59 10839 (11/11/2014)


    Brandie Tarvin (11/11/2014)


    To clear up a misconception... we did stop the processes on the Test machine and I was immediately able to connect, as was the DBA sitting...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Questioning the effects of 100% CPU usage

    To clear up a misconception... we did stop the processes on the Test machine and I was immediately able to connect, as was the DBA sitting next to me. Plus...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Date Error

    You have two different date formats in your sample code. Unless you have a way for SQL to auto-identify which log strings contain which date formats, you're going to continually...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Koen Verbeeck (11/7/2014)


    Brandie Tarvin (11/7/2014)


    Can someone please help me here? I am having a very bad week, so I'm about to lose my temper with Stewart because he wants to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS Execute Package Task Setup Question

    Koen Verbeeck (11/7/2014)


    Ah, so not a permission issue after all 😀

    I knew it wasn't. I just couldn't figure out how to create the correct connection manager. Now I'm kicking myself...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS Execute Package Task Setup Question

    Brandie Tarvin (11/7/2014)


    Koen Verbeeck (11/7/2014)


    Is the package stored on the machine itself, or on a UNC path?

    The package is stored on the machine itself under D:\SQLServer\MSSQL10\100\DTS\Packages\My Folder\. In Integration Services...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS Execute Package Task Setup Question

    Koen Verbeeck (11/7/2014)


    Does it already fail in BIDS?

    Yes. In fact, I haven't gotten past BIDS to running it from the GUI or a job. What I'm doing is running the...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Can someone please help me here? I am having a very bad week, so I'm about to lose my temper with Stewart because he wants to focus on security issues...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS Execute Package Task Setup Question

    Stewart, I have been a DBA for over 10 years. Please give me a little credit for knowing the basics.

    Can we please get to the question I am asking?

    EDIT: And...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SSIS Execute Package Task Setup Question

    I am not asking a question about permissions. I am asking about how to set up the connection manager.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Google shutting down SQL Error Searches?

    The odd thing is that I've gotten this response when researching BIDS / Visual Studio errors too. This was last week and I don't recall anything that had variable names...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Who Watches the Watchers?

    Gary Varga (10/16/2014)


    IMHO (10/16/2014)


    In answer to the question Who Watches the Watchers...robots.

    ...CCTV???

    Max Headroom.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Who Watches the Watchers?

    Talk about article timing. Have any of you seen this?

    http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/09/home-depots-former-security-architect-had-history-of-techno-sabotage/%5B/url%5D

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Execute Permission denied on xp_sqlagent_enum_jobs between databases

    BAH! All the settings are the same between both servers. Pics attached.

    I'm beginning to think I'm fighting a losing battle here and might have to go with just selecting data...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,076 through 3,090 (of 9,728 total)