Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Grumpy DBA (2/26/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (2/26/2016)


    Grumpy DBA (2/26/2016)


    Sean Lange (2/26/2016)


    You are quite welcome. Happy to share the joy. At least is isn't "All Out of Love" from Air Supply. :w00t:

    Well, that's...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Grumpy DBA (2/26/2016)


    Sean Lange (2/26/2016)


    You are quite welcome. Happy to share the joy. At least is isn't "All Out of Love" from Air Supply. :w00t:

    Well, that's a good thing because...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    Orlando Colamatteo (2/25/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (2/25/2016)


    ...some OLTP databases reference tables in the Reporting databases.

    How many tables? I am thinking a simple Transactional Replication Publication on Server B subscribed to by Server...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Adding quotes to dynamic SQL

    TheSQLGuru (2/11/2016)


    Whenever I am building out dynamic SQL I always use SET QUOTED_IDENFITIER OFF first and then use double quotes in the outer sections of text. Then I never have...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (2/25/2016)


    I am so glad I don't have any experience, yet, with replication so that I have no idea what SS is trying to do or why he isn't...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    I'll keep OPENQUERY in mind (and discuss it with the Devs) when we fix things, but it isn't going to help me now. My current sticking point is stored procedures...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    Thanks, Grant. I'll look into that.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Server Permissions

    Was it indeed corrupted .mdf and .ldf files?

    Regardless, I'm glad you resolved your issue.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    TheSQLGuru (2/25/2016)


    1) Make sure you configure linked servers optimally for your server scenario

    2) Review the object accesses. Some linked-server queries can be refactored for HUGE perf gains depending on if...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    TANSTAAFL is big here too. Fortunately, the solution is short term. We're putting a hard date on when things need to be fixed, so no one will have any excuses.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Count of Queries

    mcopa (2/25/2016)


    What exactly do you mean by this: "if you really need to know exactly how many queries are run against the database, you need to set that up...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (2/24/2016)


    I disagree. Jupiter is descending.

    http://what-if.xkcd.com/139/

    That is an awesome link. Thanks, Gail.

    On another note, this might be one of those days when I should step away from my computer. I...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Need to build query

    rhythmk (2/25/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (2/25/2016)


    What logic determines IN verses OUT?

    Hard coding based on the dates given is not wise. Ideally, code should be written to logically decide what fits either circumstance...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Linked Servers, Views, and Stored Procedures

    I forgot all about synonyms, but you're right. Not the best solution. For one, I can't create one that just points to the server.dbname. I just tried it, it doesn't...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: SQL Server Permissions

    deltajade (2/21/2016)


    I was told that is an industry standard, I could delete because I have read / write access.

    Is this true?

    I have never run into a situation where having read...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 9,728 total)