Where Do You Park?

• Living in a row house, my winter heating bill at times is as low as $20 per month. There are some advantages to living on top of your neighbors.

You find city living to be like water-boarding and I find driving to work to be like water-boarding. I just want people to be aware of the alternative to a hellish commute to the perfect job. I've always been driven by location, since I work to live, not live to work.

• bill.saunders1 (9/6/2011)

You find city living to be like water-boarding and I find driving to work to be like water-boarding. I just want people to be aware of the alternative to a hellish commute to the perfect job. I've always been driven by location, since I work to live, not live to work.

I live 16 km from the CBD of the largest city in the country. Still no public transport to speak of. It's a nice alternative when it's available, but good public transport is far from universally available, even in the cities.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • bill.saunders1 (9/6/2011)I've always been driven by location, since I work to live, not live to work.

Which is exactly the reason I live where I do...when I'm not at work, I'd rather be able to see some greenery!

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply