Using Dual Monitors vs Single Large Monitor

• Michael_Garrison (5/12/2014)

It is a proven fact that the bigger the monitor the better the productivity.

This seems inherently false, I could watch movies so much better on a bigger monitor. Who proved this and where?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Call me 'old school' - a single 24" monitor in the office and a single 22" monitor at home.

I never open up more than 24 applications at a time (3 rows uncombined in the Start area).

If I need one more application/window, then I close something (this way I can always track where I am at).

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• One big one works for me. I have wide tables and often have to view all the columns in a single pane. I hate horizontal scrolling. That was the deciding factor for me.

• How about 1 big monitor and 1 projector?

Then it is like having 2 monitors but you really only (technically) have 1.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (6/4/2014)

How about 1 big monitor and 1 projector?

I hooked up my old SNES to a projector a few times. That was a great way to play Super Mario World. 😀

The opinions expressed herein are strictly personal and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of my employer.

• LightVader (6/4/2014)

SQLRNNR (6/4/2014)

I hooked up my old SNES to a projector a few times. That was a great way to play Super Mario World. 😀

I think we will do that with the WII. Classic Super Mario bros (the whole series) would be killer on the projector.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (6/4/2014)

LightVader (6/4/2014)

SQLRNNR (6/4/2014)

I think we will do that with the WII. Classic Super Mario bros (the whole series) would be killer on the projector.

That would require some time to spare:w00t:

😎

• A little late to get in the conversation, but I use 3 21" at work and 2 21" at home. All are widescreen. 3rd is basically for a dashboard so I can monitor all the servers/network at a glance. I never tried anything bigger than 21". Looking at larger ones make me think it would be overkill and hard on the eyes. And my eyes aren't what they used to be to begin with...:smooooth:

• What did you finally wind up with?

412-977-3526 call/text

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply